Code P0171 - Running Lean -Bank 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code P0171 - Running Lean -Bank 1

For about the 4th time in about 6 weeks I have had the EML come on and my OBD shows P0171 - Running Lean, Bank 1

Light only seems to come on if I have been driving and then sit at idle for a bit. I have Googled it and seems could be a multitude of things!

* I dont have a rough idle
    * MPG hasnt dropped
    * No noticeable hesitation
    * Cant hear any air leaks in the engine bay A
    * Air filter clean
    * New plugs recently
    * MAF sensor cleaned

Anyone else had this issue? Light comes on more often now - i drive 60 miles each way to work every day - and at the end of 1 journey if i idle for a few mins up it pops- doesnt happen when driving normally

I have read it could be MAF /Lambda / injector along with a few other things - and the PCV valve which isn't accessible as its inside the rocker cover.
    I

Would appreciate any help or advice!
    Last edited by SOPRANO69; 04-03-2019, 07:57 AM. Reason: reduced the amount of words

Hi,

Sorry to bump an old post but did you sort your issue out in the end?

My insignia has the same symptoms, I’ve recently replaced the EVAP valve as I was advised these are common but it’s not resolved my problems. I’m getting suction when pulling the dipstick so it looks likely to be the PCV valve inside the rocker cover.

Thanks

Comment

Do you have the same code and symptoms?
      if not I would start a new thread , as you can see this post is from 2019 and he has not had the decency to update the thread which could of helped others , and you.

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks, I’ll create a new thread, my issues looks like it’s very similar to this one and was interested if the OP resolved it.

Comment

Working...
        X