Tourer brake sizes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourer brake sizes.

Looking to upgrade the hatch brakes to 321mm and am I right in thinking all tourers came with 321mm brakes inc the 130bhp version?

Found some for sale and have asked seller what size the brakes are but he said he’s very busy and will get back to me in a few days so was going to just order them but wanted to check they’d be 321mm before purchasing. No point in getting them if there the smaller type.

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
    Looking to upgrade the hatch brakes to 321mm and am I right in thinking all tourers came with 321mm brakes inc the 130bhp version?

Found some for sale and have asked seller what size the brakes are but he said he’s very busy and will get back to me in a few days so was going to just order them but wanted to check they’d be 321mm before purchasing. No point in getting them if there the smaller type.
    just ask him to look at the rear discs,,if theyre vented ,that means the fronts will be 321,,if the rears are just a solid disc,the fronts will be the smaller 296
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      just ask him to look at the rear discs,,if theyre vented ,that means the fronts will be 321,,if the rears are just a solid disc,the fronts will be the smaller 296
      The cars currently in bits but I’ll ask if he remembers what was fitted to the rear or if he can anytime soon measure the front disc size and let me know.

I see you can fit 337mm so may look for a set of those but think they’ll be harder to come by.

Comment

The cars currently in bits but I’ll ask if he remembers what was fitted to the rear or if he can anytime soon measure the front disc size and let me know.

I see you can fit 337mm so may look for a set of those but think they’ll be harder to come by.
        I know the 337s were fitted to the facelift 2.0T petrol
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The 337 also uses different brake calipers with two pistons, so you need a bit more parts.

Comment

Is it just the carriers that are different between the 296 and 321 setup ?

Or are the calipers actually bigger as well ?

Sorry if its a dumb question, but I just cant seem to find a definitive answer

Comment

Calipers too

Comment

I though they were the same, but if I look here, they have a different part number.

Comment

Working...
                X