Diesel exhaust questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel exhaust questions

New to insignias and not had a diesel in a while.

I want to make my exhuast a bit louder and sexier but don't know my options.

Without looking under the car, I presume my 2011cdti will have a dpf? The new rules make it harder to get rid of so what else can I do?

Is there a precat delete available anywhere, I can't find one.

Yeah it'll have a dpf.

Maybe a performance back box?

Comment

That's definitely on the to do list. I was wondering if there was anything further back you can do?

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey7574 View Post
        That's definitely on the to do list. I was wondering if there was anything further back you can do?
        Any further back will stick out from the bumper

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
          Any further back will stick out from the bumper
          You know what I mean!

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey7574 View Post
            You know what I mean!
            I do. Tbh I don’t think that there isn’t much you can do to make a Insignia diesel exhaust sound sporty at all
            Last edited by Plym Ian; 02-03-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I do. Tbh I don’t think that there isn’t much you can do to make a Insignia diesel exhaust sound sporty at all
              Put a flap on inlet manifold powered by a flick switch, flick switch on down shift for a roar

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Correct...the dpf restricts most of the noise
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Keep your own exhaust.....record a Ferrari and then stick this out the window

Much cheaper.

Comment

Go for a twin outlet, had mine done, no real noise difference but looks the dogs b##@"ks

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                      Go for a twin outlet, had mine done, no real noise difference but looks the dogs b##@"ks
                      Agreed

Comment

3rd for the above. My 2010 has a twin outlet stainless system. Noise is basically the same but looks GR8 and won't rot!
                        Not really much can be done noise wise for a diesel and a back box won't really give much gain power wise, better off spending money in a remap for extra bhp.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys.

So best to leave the cat/DPF alone?

Comment

If u want to stay legal you can't touch the dpf or cat.. cud look into a cat back system if u really want but tbh I don't see the point. If your after better looks, twin outlet system way to go.. but as always depends on ur budget.

Comment

Working...
                            X