AFL Lights Warning and Self Leveling Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL Lights Warning and Self Leveling Warning

I have posted before on this topic and got some really good advice so I thought I'd update - it's taken the guts of 18 months to get to this point and I am nearly sure I've solved it. Car is a 2014 Elite.

Got the above warnings fairly regularly over the last 18 months and the car has been in with vx more often than I can remember, always after rain. Sometimes they fix it for a month sometimes for 3 but it always comes back. Each time I get a new sensor and some stories about what else they fixed. On the last visit they finally accepted my view that water was involved and noted they had fixed some water ingress issue.

So very long story short, rear axle sensor has been getting wet and causing the fault. VX solution for water ingress wasn't permanent, seemed to consist of a rubber outer sleeve over the final connections to the sensor which then moved over time.

I have now done a slightly ham-fisted silicone join on it (see photo), that works....

Had her down some very wet roads and no sign off the error reappearing so far.

Reason for post is that hopefully anyone else on here having what seems to be a reasonably common fault might want to check the actual wiring to the rear axle sensor as a starting point.

Hope this helps someone.

Originally posted by eddier1558 View Post
    I have posted before on this topic and got some really good advice so I thought I'd update - it's taken the guts of 18 months to get to this point and I am nearly sure I've solved it. Car is a 2014 Elite.

Got the above warnings fairly regularly over the last 18 months and the car has been in with vx more often than I can remember, always after rain. Sometimes they fix it for a month sometimes for 3 but it always comes back. Each time I get a new sensor and some stories about what else they fixed. On the last visit they finally accepted my view that water was involved and noted they had fixed some water ingress issue.

So very long story short, rear axle sensor has been getting wet and causing the fault. VX solution for water ingress wasn't permanent, seemed to consist of a rubber outer sleeve over the final connections to the sensor which then moved over time.

I have now done a slightly ham-fisted silicone join on it (see photo), that works....

Had her down some very wet roads and no sign off the error reappearing so far.

Reason for post is that hopefully anyone else on here having what seems to be a reasonably common fault might want to check the actual wiring to the rear axle sensor as a starting point.

Hope this helps someone.
    Old thread I know, but did car show any fault codes?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Matt, at the time it was in the codes were read and the last set pointed to the rear axle sensor from memory. I don't have details of them I'm afraid.

Went through it a bit on the lights with that car. VX replaced the drivers headlight, checked the wiring and finally the rear axle sensor. They also did a 'waterproofing' on the cabling that held for a while before I got the silicone out.

Sorry I can't be more help. Paperwork went with the car that would have had the details.

Comment

No worries thank you. My code points to front sensor signal error.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
        X