Service vehicle Soon message and engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service vehicle Soon message and engine light

Need help as I am really baffled With this one. Vauxhall insignia 2.0 vx-line owned just under a year car came up p2458 dpf took garage egr blocked and dpf needed regen. Told garage just replace egr with Vauxhall one ok all done. Regen done later that day p2458 again took in regen again stopped half way car was over heating but on there computer car normal temp. I change thermostat n switch done regen all 100% complete. Dpf down to 8% full. Week later same issue again.

My car was due service minor oil m filter and oil life low like 10% and service vehicle Soon message on dash. Guy said get service done then will regen again ok.

I take car to another garage who plugged in scanner said everything seems to be fine like temp sensor wise ect only thing he could see was egr not turning. Need book in with him he a friend of a friend and supposed be good and didn’t charge for scan. So I get car service wed gone. Cars booked in to get looked at on tues coming. All codes were clear p2458 on again plus p2534 or summit which is temp sensor I called guy he told me not to reset so he’s got something to work on. Car wasn’t in limp mode at this point, however Friday I went pull out junction and was like driving a 1 ltr again. Propped limp mode.

Sat need nip Asda tried car loads power back normal still two fault codes and service vehicle Soon and engine light on loads white smoke when put foot down.

Sat afternoon and sat evening no engine light no service Soon but still had fault codes and car was like a bullet couldn’t fault it. Anyone have any idea where I can start here.

Can a faulty glow plug work one min n fire the next

Update to this since been in garage. All pressure sensors ect working fine only thing not working was the new egr by itself but the egr was ok as the guy could force it to work on the computer so wasn’t faulty.

Advised me to take remap off and do a software update by Vauxhall but software update will wipe remap anyway once ecu been flashed.

I haven’t done this yet as the car is running sweet since I collect on Thursday morning and still running sweet now with no fault codes or no service vechile soon.i have been out in it clocked over 100miles since Thursday having fun with remap on it so be getting dyno on Friday see what it’s proper reading is

Comment

Working...
    X