looking at buying a 2.0cdti 163 auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking at buying a 2.0cdti 163 auto

can anyone tell what the insignia auto box is like. I need a big family car with plenty of legroom at a decent price and the insignia fits the bill.
    any advice will be helpful.

cheers

I have a 160 Auto and in 30k miles I have had no faults with the box.

Mine only gripe is the fact the box likes to be 'economic' and I think it changes too early but you can put it into a semi auto mode and make it change when you want*

*You change gear but the car still decides if it is happy to change and will tell you no on the dashboard with 'Shift Denied' hahah

Comment

I can live with that. Is it a smooth box not clunky. I need the legroom and have space in the rear and something with a little umph

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD View Post
        I can live with that. Is it a smooth box not clunky. I need the legroom and have space in the rear and something with a little umph
        Fairly smooth apart from the too early change it likes to do in first - nothing untoward really.

It has only given me the occasional out of character bang when it likes to change down 1 gear when going up hill round a corner... but that is rare enough.

I got myself a 2015 Tech Line auto which has the big infotainment with and can be cranked up if needed and still sound good couple that with the auto and it is quite a fun drive. There are times I do miss a manual though.. think I miss being in control of the gear changes :P

Got the car at 14k and now at 43k and still motoring on nicely. Only had 1 issue and that was a dodgy EGR that was replaced under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
          Fairly smooth apart from the too early change it likes to do in first - nothing untoward really.

It has only given me the occasional out of character bang when it likes to change down 1 gear when going up hill round a corner... but that is rare enough.

I got myself a 2015 Tech Line auto which has the big infotainment with and can be cranked up if needed and still sound good couple that with the auto and it is quite a fun drive. There are times I do miss a manual though.. think I miss being in control of the gear changes :P

Got the car at 14k and now at 43k and still motoring on nicely. Only had 1 issue and that was a dodgy EGR that was replaced under warranty.
          I just need to test drive one now. You seem to get alot for your money with them. I am moving to auto from manual just for easy motoring really.

I'd like a brand new one but can't afford unfortunately

Comment

I’ve had a 160 auto for 7 years and 50k miles. Even towed a caravan with it and had no gearbox issues whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdrinks View Post
              I’ve had a 160 auto for 7 years and 50k miles. Even towed a caravan with it and had no gearbox issues whatsoever.
              Cheers for the info. Will go have a look at some now.

Comment

Mines currently has 300k km, of which I’ve driven 120k km. No issues so far, still shifting rather smooth. Only rather strange behaviour is some kind of polution reduction mode that it does the first 20 minutes when it’s above 11 degrees.
                I don’t think it’s shifting too early, a bit more trottle cause later shift. I’ve also the option to select sport mode which causes it to shift at higher rpms anyway. But that’s only on selected trim levels.

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
                  I have a 160 Auto and in 30k miles I have had no faults with the box.

Mine only gripe is the fact the box likes to be 'economic' and I think it changes too early but you can put it into a semi auto mode and make it change when you want*

*You change gear but the car still decides if it is happy to change and will tell you no on the dashboard with 'Shift Denied' hahah
                  The auto tries to keep rpms as low as possible by changing up early to stay off boost for economy. It can make the car feel a bit lethargic but I think it probably suits the slushbox better as it's not intended for sporty purposes.
                  Cars with Flexride have the Sport button which, if active, ensures the engine stays on-boost all the time. Mine will sit at 2000-2500rpm in Sport mode.
                  Most, if not all, 4wd versions of the Insignia come with flexride but some front-wheel-drive models (Astra and Insignia) had Flexride as an optional extra, sometimes fitted to dealer demo cars.

Comment

Cheers for the info. Will go have a look at some now.
                    Check out the cars for sale section There is a nice top spec one still for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                      The auto tries to keep rpms as low as possible by changing up early to stay off boost for economy. It can make the car feel a bit lethargic but I think it probably suits the slushbox better as it's not intended for sporty purposes.
                      Cars with Flexride have the Sport button which, if active, ensures the engine stays on-boost all the time. Mine will sit at 2000-2500rpm in Sport mode.
                      Most, if not all, 4wd versions of the Insignia come with flexride but some front-wheel-drive models (Astra and Insignia) had Flexride as an optional extra, sometimes fitted to dealer demo cars.
                      Unfortunately no sport mode on my Tech Line. The closest I can get is using the shifter in manual mode :P

But agree it does try to stay off of boost. In first it changes to second at about 1800 and it just seems way too early and feels it in the car too

Comment

Bought one 65 plate 21000 miles auto no nav but Google maps and a phone mount will do. Pick it up Sunday. Very impressed with auto box on test drive.

Comment

Bought one 65 plate 21000 miles auto no nav but Google maps and a phone mount will do. Pick it up Sunday. Very impressed with auto box on test drive.
                          Nice one...Did you get any pics?
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190308_201344.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	242933

Pick it up Sunday.

Comment

That's a looker! It's lovely...
                              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
                              X