Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charged car battery... now every error possible?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ANorthwich View Post
    Which battery did you go for that worked?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190304_172029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	242918

Hope the pic helps.

Comment

What engine is this ?? As that’s only a 60amp hour battery

Comment

Was gonna say it seems v small battery for an insignia

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
          he has the 1.8 petrol
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            he has the 1.8 petrol
            That’s big enough then, isn’t it?

Comment

That’s big enough then, isn’t it?
              Wont need as much cranking power as a diesel
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Just got home and had a look, multimeter was reading 12.5V... disconnected it and reattached and now it seems to be back working fine! Never been more glad to be a fool

I must have left a connection loose, although I did clean up the terminals with a wire brush which maybe helped.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

Comment

1.8 petrol as exclusiv says.

Comment

Originally posted by ANorthwich View Post
                    Just got home and had a look, multimeter was reading 12.5V... disconnected it and reattached and now it seems to be back working fine! Never been more glad to be a fool

I must have left a connection loose, although I did clean up the terminals with a wire brush which maybe helped.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!
                    Good news, hopefully it'll stay nice & charged on your journeys to & from work! Be thankful we have alternators now instead of the old dynamos, you'd have no chance keeping a battery charged this time of year with short journeys.

Comment

Simplist answers always hardest to find.. glad it seems sorted tho. Did you greese the connectors with litithum greese. Helps prevent corrosion. Not needed but I out thin layer on mine.

Comment

I use Vaseline petroleum jelly on mine---have done for years-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1981 View Post
                          Simplist answers always hardest to find.. glad it seems sorted tho. Did you greese the connectors with litithum greese. Helps prevent corrosion. Not needed but I out thin layer on mine.
                          I didn’t actually, but I’ve got some so I’ll be sure to do that at the next opportunity. For now, fingers crossed for the MOT tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                            I use Vaseline petroleum jelly on mine---have done for years-----Dave
                            We're talking about the battery terminals Dave
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Unfortunately Yes------------Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X