No announcement yet.

Software Update Navi 900 / Touch R700 IntelliLink - Enable Android Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I got my 16 plate was only 12 months old I asked evan halshaws they wanted wanted I think £130

asked perry's and they were about same

Comment

Still struggling with the idea of paying hundreds of euro to get a simple update, I found this PDF document at Opel.ie

It applies for Opel Insignias produced as of August 2015.

At page 5 we have:
      Q: My vehicle is equipped with an older infotainment system that is not compatible with Android Auto. Can I
      update my vehicle’s infotainment system and make it compatible with Android Auto?
      A: For model year 2016 Navi 900 / Touch R700 IntelliLink a software update is available as of May 2016 that
      adds compatibility with Android Auto. Please contact your dealer for further information. Compatibility
      with Android Auto cannot be added to other infotainment systems.

And then on Page 6:
      Q: Is there a cost for Android Auto?
      A: Compatibility with Android Auto is a functionality of the embedded IntelliLink infotainment system and is
      not a separate feature, so it carries no additional cost. Some apps that you access in the vehicle through the
      compatible
      phone may enable in-app purchases or use your phone’s data, which could impose additional costs,
      especially when roaming. These include music streaming apps and navigation apps, for example. If your
      vehicle is equipped with an OnStar ® 4G LTE with available Wi-Fi hotspot, you can connect your compatible
      phone and use the vehicle’s data plan.

So, am I wrong concluding that a 2016 Insignia should get the update at no cost?
      What you guys think?

Cheers

Comment

Only thing i dont like about this mobile device linking stuff is if you go on short journeys, you just want to get in the car and go no messing about connecting the device and opening the app etc just to listen to your usual music on that short journey. I much prefer the onboard car stuff. it opens and starts playing as you start ignition.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Only thing i dont like about this mobile device linking stuff is if you go on short journeys, you just want to get in the car and go no messing about connecting the device and opening the app etc just to listen to your usual music on that short journey. I much prefer the onboard car stuff. it opens and starts playing as you start ignition.
          If I don't plug phone in still connects Bluetooth, listen to Spotify etc, all online and on phone music

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            If I don't plug phone in still connects Bluetooth, listen to Spotify etc, all online and on phone music
            You still need Bluetooth On on your phone and press play button on car screen. I use deezer on my phone

Comment

Streaming Spotify to Navi 900 (2015)

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              How did you manage to stream Spotify? I've connected my phone via Bluetooth I can call and receive calls no problems but when playing / streaming Spotify from my phone I get no audio. I have the R700 / Navi 900. It's on my 2015 insignia. (I'm new to this and only just purchased the vehicle so if it's simple I apologise) 😁👍

Comment

Press the media button until you get to the right screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                  Press the media button until you get to the right screen.
                  Thank you it worked I was trying everything 😂 I'm not usually this stupid. Thanks again 👍

Comment

Simple things always get overlooked [emoji12]

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

In Belgium they just charge working hours for updates, only nav you have to pay

And I have opc of 2016 july, and i have apple carplay and android auto, but cant connect with phone, tried several Android auto versions and 5 cables

Comment

What phone are you using? Have you tried updating the phone, restarting it?

Can't really think of anything else. Usually you have to use the OEM cable to get it to work.

What is the error message that comes up?

Comment

I dont get an error, so when I start car and connect the cable, android on the phone starts automaticly
                          I have last update phone and last update of my system, but the projection screen doesnt change.

And i have option android auto in car, but can't ad a device, same in the app, cant add car

Comment

Turn car play off in the settings and AA. Key out, leave few minutes then key in, settings, turn just AA back on. Uninstall AA from phone, reboot phone. Install AA from Google store. Plug phone into car and follow instructions. Turn Bluetooth off on phone after restarting so your not messing with that. AA in car should start.

Comment

Already tried this several times.

When I install AA on phone should I also already connect him the car?

Comment

Should be able to install AA first and open and use it on the phone. If all this works close app, go to car, ignition on and plug phone in.

Have you tried to see if a USB stick works in your USB slot.

Have you plugged your phone into a PC to make sure cable is a data cable and not just a charge cable.

Comment

Working...
                                X