Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Update Navi 900 / Touch R700 IntelliLink - Enable Android Auto

Hi,

I have a 2016 Insignia, and the Navi 900 has the Screen mirroring feature, but supports only Apple CarPlay, no option for Android Auto. After some research, I found this FAQ pdf, about a software update for 2016 models, containing the Android Auto feature:

Starting in May 2016, O/V offers a fee-based software update for the model year 2016 cars with Navi 900 & and Touch R700 IntelliLink infotainment system. This update will add a set of new features to the infotainment system, such as Android Auto compatibility and TMCpro (Navi 900 IntelliLink only) to name the most important changes. Please do not hesitate to contact your nearest O/V dealer to schedule an appointment to get the update installed on your vehicle.

The problem is the dealer wants to charge €300 (in Ireland) for the software update!

Does anyone knows if there is any other way to get this update? €300 for a simple software update doesn't look fair to me.

Current Software version: 84028482

Thanks!

Originally posted by kahemartins View Post
    Hi,

I have a 2016 Insignia, and the Navi 900 has the Screen mirroring feature, but supports only Apple CarPlay, no option for Android Auto. After some research, I found this FAQ pdf, about a software update for 2016 models, containing the Android Auto feature:

Starting in May 2016, O/V offers a fee-based software update for the model year 2016 cars with Navi 900 & and Touch R700 IntelliLink infotainment system. This update will add a set of new features to the infotainment system, such as Android Auto compatibility and TMCpro (Navi 900 IntelliLink only) to name the most important changes. Please do not hesitate to contact your nearest O/V dealer to schedule an appointment to get the update installed on your vehicle.

The problem is the dealer wants to charge €300 (in Ireland) for the software update!

Does anyone knows if there is any other way to get this update? €300 for a simple software update doesn't look fair to me.

Current Software version: 84028482

Thanks!
    Check in settings, android auto might be un ticked

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Check in settings, android auto might be un ticked
      Unfortunately, in my version there is no Android Auto option in the Settings. Just the Apple CarPlay. The issue is only with 2016 versions produced from Jan 2016 to may 2016. After May, the version has the Android Auto feature.

Comment

think the psychical cost to get it done is £40 to log on to GM server.. then request 'feature update' for radio £80, then a day or so later when authorised another £40 to log on to server to activate it. so cost is £160 plus i reckon £40 labour for both visits
        Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
        questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Same here. Only have Apple CarPlay.

Can you provide detailed instructions about how to request this. My dealer in London asked me +£400!!!

Comment

do you have mdi2 and a vauxhall infotech account?

think its called as feature software as is listed as £80, plus £40 either side of it to request and then program.. so £160 plus their labour costs

Comment

Dont think I have. Are you able to point me to the right webpages?

Comment

vauxhall-infotech.com

and signup etc etc, then there are links on there to go to the bosch website and sign up for that, then you can order up your mdi2 for about £800 or so

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                  vauxhall-infotech.com

and signup etc etc, then there are links on there to go to the bosch website and sign up for that, then you can order up your mdi2 for about £800 or so
                  I’ll take 2 [emoji51]
                  The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Lol Nicksri

Well for that price I may as well go to the dealer as they said they would do it for £400.
                    I need to research for other dealers as I see post from other people saying they did it for about £80-£150.

Anyone with info on a dealer in London that does it for £150 tops let me know please. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by alal View Post
                      Lol Nicksri

Well for that price I may as well go to the dealer as they said they would do it for £400.
                      I need to research for other dealers as I see post from other people saying they did it for about £80-£150.

Anyone with info on a dealer in London that does it for £150 tops let me know please. Thanks.
                      You can try sterling corner, Vauxhall.

Comment

you wont get it done for that as I've explained the cost price without labour

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                          You can try sterling corner, Vauxhall.
                          Can't find that one... you have an address?

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                          you wont get it done for that as I've explained the cost price without labour
                          I've seen in this forum reports from other users that had it done by the price range I mention.

Comment

Sorry, been a long day. London to Florida 1 engine died .

Staples Corner, NW2

Comment

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X