2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by MattG View Post
    Read somewhere it won't be compatible. The Insignia system is common to lots of cars, might be possible to subscribe directly.
    Yeah I heard they're not compatible but there's a lot of money to be made if the can get around it. No can't subscribe directly either...OnStar are pulling out of Europe completely.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Car
    1.5T SRi Nav 18 plate, lava red, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys to play with!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfred View Post
    But much more fun is the horns/lights button on 'my Vauxhall'. Wait till someone walks close to the car and hit the button. Lights flash, horn sounds, I snigger.....i know, childish fun
    I don't have keyless entry on my 2018 GS, but when I installed the 'My Vauxhall' app there are NO 'remote' elements on it at all. The only things on it are park location, owners manual, service reminder and accident reporting. Bloody useless!

Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
    I don't have keyless entry on my 2018 GS, but when I installed the 'My Vauxhall' app there are NO 'remote' elements on it at all. The only things on it are park location, owners manual, service reminder and accident reporting. Bloody useless!
    I wouldn't worry about it. We're all losing it at the end of next year unless PSA offer us a software update or something.

The best bit is the tracking imo. I've used remote locking once if you don't count playing around with it.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport 1.5T Design (165)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onstar and Keyless Entry were originally standard fit on all Grand Sports, but they are now cost options at the time of ordering, except that Keyless Entry is still standard-fit on the GSI. I have an 18-plate Grand Sport, and it has the keyless options, but I have seen some 18-platers without it.

Car
    1.5T SRi Nav 18 plate, lava red, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys to play with!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've got OnStar (although it's past its 1 year, so I'm not paying for the subscription).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have keyless on my 18 plate Sri that was ordered January 2018 and arrived just before the 18 plate came out as i put off taking delivery to make sure it was on an 18 plate, i could have had it middle of Feb.

When i was using the year trial of onStar i was able to remotely unlock and lock the car via the app which was as handy if i popped out of the house without the keys or if i have parked it and wasnt sure if i'd locked it or not. Could also use the tracking feature etc. Only time i've ever used that for a real reason was in Le Puy in France when the hotel we were in had no parking so it was parked on the street about 500yds away just out of sight. I woke up in the night so for some reason i decided to check the car was still where it was. Think it has on occasion sent me a notification that the alarm had gone off on the car but both times it did that it was because i'd locked it with the dog in the boot and not turned the motion sensor off! The only other thing i've used was the data package whilst driving in France, phone signal on Three roaming was crap so bought a package to let me use Apple Maps for navigation and stream Apple Music along with streaming Radio 2\Radio 5 SX for the cricket whilst out and about.

I liked it but not enough to pay for it now the free trial is over.

Car
    Grand Sport Elite 1.6D
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, trial was ok but not paying £9 a month to save the Wife from checking if I locked the car!

Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's worth having for the security. If the car does get stolen you just give OnStar a call and they track it via GPS and when its next stationary at traffic lights for example.......they kill the engine and immobilise it until the police arrive. Worth the 90 quid imo. I'll miss it when it ends.
    Last edited by marko301; 21-05-2019 at 09:06 AM.

9. Likes john_k_sri liked
    Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport 1.5T Design (165)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfred View Post
    Same here, trial was ok but not paying £9 a month to save the Wife from checking if I locked the car!
    LOL. Passive Auto Locking (in Vehicle Settings) does it for you ...... as long as all the doors are closed LOL

Car
    Grand Sport Elite 1.6D
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    LOL. Passive Auto Locking (in Vehicle Settings) does it for you ...... as long as all the doors are closed LOL
    There was nothing passive about the response last night when i woke her up to ask if the car was locked, maybe £9 isn't such a bad deal!
    Last edited by Fatfred; 23-05-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast