Grandsport doorhandles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandsport doorhandles

What are the tiny little chrome squares on some of the Grandsport doorhandles?

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
    What are the tiny little chrome squares on some of the Grandsport doorhandles?
    Keyless unlocking.

Comment

Yep, Keyless Entry, available as standard on launch, now a extra-cost option. Same applies to Onstar.

Comment

so,... basically means you don't need to press the fob?

Comment

Yep. If vehicle senses the key fob, door can be opened by pressing chrome insert in any door handle. Car can also be locked in the same way on exiting the vehicle. The car can also be set to lock itself after leaving the vehicle by setting passive locking in the onscreen 'settings' option.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
            Yep. If vehicle senses the key fob, door can be opened by pressing chrome insert in any door handle. Car can also be locked in the same way on exiting the vehicle. The car can also be set to lock itself after leaving the vehicle by setting passive locking in the onscreen 'settings' option.
            very fancy

Comment

Yep, I hardly use the key fob at all. Also if you have keyless entry, the car can be locked/unlocked remotely via the 'My Vauxhall' app on your mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
                Yep, I hardly use the key fob at all. Also if you have keyless entry, the car can be locked/unlocked remotely via the 'My Vauxhall' app on your mobile.
                But much more fun is the horns/lights button on 'my Vauxhall'. Wait till someone walks close to the car and hit the button. Lights flash, horn sounds, I snigger.....i know, childish fun

Comment

Originally posted by Fatfred View Post
                  But much more fun is the horns/lights button on 'my Vauxhall'. Wait till someone walks close to the car and hit the button. Lights flash, horn sounds, I snigger.....i know, childish fun
                  Shame we're gonna lose it end of 2020 I hope PSA come up with an alternative.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                    Shame we're gonna lose it end of 2020 I hope PSA come up with an alternative.
                    Read somewhere it won't be compatible. The Insignia system is common to lots of cars, might be possible to subscribe directly.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      Read somewhere it won't be compatible. The Insignia system is common to lots of cars, might be possible to subscribe directly.
                      Yeah I heard they're not compatible but there's a lot of money to be made if the can get around it. No can't subscribe directly either...OnStar are pulling out of Europe completely.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Fatfred View Post
                        I don't have keyless entry on my 2018 GS, but when I installed the 'My Vauxhall' app there are NO 'remote' elements on it at all. The only things on it are park location, owners manual, service reminder and accident reporting. Bloody useless!
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                          I don't have keyless entry on my 2018 GS, but when I installed the 'My Vauxhall' app there are NO 'remote' elements on it at all. The only things on it are park location, owners manual, service reminder and accident reporting. Bloody useless!
                          I wouldn't worry about it. We're all losing it at the end of next year unless PSA offer us a software update or something.

The best bit is the tracking imo. I've used remote locking once if you don't count playing around with it.

Comment

Onstar and Keyless Entry were originally standard fit on all Grand Sports, but they are now cost options at the time of ordering, except that Keyless Entry is still standard-fit on the GSI. I have an 18-plate Grand Sport, and it has the keyless options, but I have seen some 18-platers without it.

Comment

Yeah, I've got OnStar (although it's past its 1 year, so I'm not paying for the subscription).
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
                              X