Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan

Hi is it normal for my fan to stay on for about 5 min after I’ve turned the car off

Not in this weather. Check coolant level dude. Might have a slow leak.

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Checked coolant level and that fine but the one in the left of below min but not sure what it is

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
        Hi is it normal for my fan to stay on for about 5 min after I’ve turned the car off
        Is it every time ? Sometimes it happens if the car was doing a regen before you stopped
        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

It’s every time mate

Comment

Do you let your turbo cool down by driving steadily for the last couple miles.
            On my car, the fan shuts off instantly as soon as i turn off the engine which i don't like at all.

Comment

I don’t think I do to be fair mate but don’t really trash it any way but turns out my brake fluid is way past the min

Comment

Don’t top it up! Pads will need changing. Should never have to top brake fluid up. When you push the pistons back on callipers fluid will rise again

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

There no noise coming from the pads on my last siggy I got like a metal noise when they needed changing but nothing this time and just checked and they still have bit of life left yet

Comment

Originally posted by Flick19191 View Post
                    I don’t think I do to be fair mate but don’t really trash it any way but turns out my brake fluid is way past the min
                    You should let the turbo cool down couple miles before your destination, this will prolong turbo life. Maybe this will help the fan issue worth a try.
                    Unsure about your brake fluid issue, it shouldn't be way beyond the min Mark. Is your car on a complete flat road while checking, oddly it sounds a slight slope can affect the results alot.

Comment

Al have a try and see if that helps thanks guys

Comment

Do you have the air conditioner on? On some cars the airco can turn on the fan. N

Comment

Not all the time it depends on the weather so today I didn’t

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
                            Is it every time ? Sometimes it happens if the car was doing a regen before you stopped
                            If it's doing a regen does it let you know on the display? I've had a exhaust filter cleaning continue driving come up on mine.
                            Does it do a regen without this warning?

Cheers.

Comment

That message only comes up if you keep interrupting the dpf cycle trying to clean I used to get it too but now make sure it gets a blast weekly

Comment

Working...
                              X