1.P0521 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Performance - low input - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craig85 View Post
    5100 effectively... was up for 4995 but then we agreed to go halves on Cam belt and water pump then I part ex my old civic for 400 quid. I physically paid 4700 of my own money but I assume my Honda has been shipped on already so i will need the 400 back from that too. So should be 5100 he owes me plus 50 for getting diagnostics done yesterday morning.
    What mileage was it on? Thats cheap for a 2014 Techline, well to a point.

First one i saw.

Is it a big garage or a main dealership?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I'm putting my ore in . Had that on mine only on one frosty morning a 2 second flash of that low oil pressure warning. Turned the car off and did not use it again . The reason being is that it was under a month since I had brought it . And as far as I was concerned .it was not fit for purpose . So after a lot of hassle and this and that got my money back . and they got there lemon back .if you have reported the fault to them and you are still using the car , then you are doing so on your own say so , so if it does go wobbly then , they could just wash there hands with the matter .yep I'm the bringer of bad news . but that's what I was told by my solicitor .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
        I'm putting my ore in . Had that on mine only on one frosty morning a 2 second flash of that low oil pressure warning. Turned the car off and did not use it again . The reason being is that it was under a month since I had brought it . And as far as I was concerned .it was not fit for purpose . So after a lot of hassle and this and that got my money back . and they got there lemon back .if you have reported the fault to them and you are still using the car , then you are doing so on your own say so , so if it does go wobbly then , they could just wash there hands with the matter .yep I'm the bringer of bad news . but that's what I was told by my solicitor .
        I had that on my old Astra J on a cooling fault, it was under warranty, rang motordepot up, no appointments for over a month, they told me i use the car and anything happens its my fault. Needless to say i rang constantly nearly every hour to all three local depots until they fitted me in that week. All work was then done under warranty.

But i will say, the garage you bought it from told you to get it checked out, they didn't suggest you take it back, or stop using it. They are the supposed experts.

Like i said, first thing Monday be waiting for them, dont ring. Give them the keys, tell them to recover it, and you expect a full refund at the earliest possible convenience to cover all your costs incurred etc.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

115k on the clock

Comment

I thought that they had rectified the oil seal issue on the facelift models. Haven’t heard of anyone with a facelift having that issue. I would be changing the sensor and see what happens...
            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
              I thought that they had rectified the oil seal issue on the facelift models. Haven’t heard of anyone with a facelift having that issue. I would be changing the sensor and see what happens...
              I also thought it was earlier models that suffered this issue, problem is how do I know if any damage has been done to the engine? Even if they replace the sensor and the warning goes who’s to say it won’t have caused damage to the engine already? Could of been coming on for a while before I bought it?

Comment

Working...
              X