Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL - Diagnostic done - help/advice needed please

Hello All

second post (my other one is in the engine section, oil related) please look out for it too help with that too if possible.

So my AFL has been coming on intermittently (only owned the car 2 weeks to this day) it hasn't been on for a couple of days (dry weather) overnight we have had heavy rain and its come back on this morning...anyway diagnostic been done and points towards a sensor issue - the report pulled up the following

:- 1.B3420 Headlamp Leveling Control Module Rear Axle Sensor Signal Circuit
    Performance - Signal Invalid

I noticed another post where a gent/lady had numerous sensors fitted but still kept getting the issue and they ended up wrapping it with silicone/rubber to protect it from getting wet

do you know the price of a sensor at all? its obviously being paid for by the garage but I wanted to know for my own curiosity

thanks in advance for any help/advice

£30 second hand, and yes have read this is a common fault.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Thanks Matt

Comment

It's a royal pain in the backside. Mine were replaced under warranty too but it took a long time to get them to admit to water ingress.

Keep at them, I am convinced that's where the issue lay. Still not 100% on where the water was getting in but so far so good with the silicone. Going to try to tidy it up a bit, but otherwise it's working. I think the ingress is where the cabling joins into the plug, but I lashed that much round it I'm not certain.

Comment

Working...
        X