Hobbies......other than cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
    Got to be the first to show my ignorance. Whats java, I thought it was coffee?
    haha! its a programming language for computers

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteH View Post
      I used to play too, still got my Les Paul and Fender Vibrolux, but unfortunately arthritis has put paid to it.
      cool! i actually have a 93 les paul studio myself - will maybe upload a pic later if i can, can never work the image uploader on this

sorry to hear about your arthritis

Comment

• Mine's an '81 tobacco sunburst Standard, weighs a ton (well, about 9lbs) and almost infinite sustain. Bought it new for £450, can't bring myself to get rid. And the amp is a '73 silver face, really complements the Gibson

Haven't got a photo of mine, but it's just like this:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200124_232448.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	244433
        Last edited by PeteH; 24-01-2020, 10:25 PM.
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
          Like Scottish then?
          You needn't talk.... especially from your neck of the woods

Comment

• Originally posted by RB02259 View Post
            hi all fun thread !

My main hobby is guitar, and ive played since i was very young
            Originally posted by PeteH View Post
            Mine's an '81 tobacco sunburst Standard, weighs a ton (well, about 9lbs) and almost infinite sustain. Bought it new for £450, can't bring myself to get rid. And the amp is a '73 silver face, really complements the Gibson

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3469[/ATTACH]
            I've been wanting to learn to play guitar for a few years (something I wanted to tick off the bucket list....Don't worry. I'm not dying ) So my wife bought me a Martin Smith entry level acoustic guitar for Christmas. I signed up for some free online guitar lessons and can already string a few cords together and pop out a few tunes. I'm absolutely shite but loving it.

Fingers have callused up nicely now....I didn't even know that happened. So....I suppose it's my new hobby and worthy of a mention in this thread.

Here it is....It's nothing like yours but I've become quite fond of it already.

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• I also like others am a keen guitarist, been playing for 20 years. I also own a Gibson Les Paul, I’ll put a picture up later. Another hobby I’m thinking of chasing is to do a DAS and get my bike license...I’m still weighing up whether the cost would be worth it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                I've been wanting to learn to play guitar for a few years (something I wanted to tick off the bucket list....Don't worry. I'm not dying ) So my wife bought me a Martin Smith entry level acoustic guitar for Christmas. I signed up for some free online guitar lessons and can already string a few cords together and pop out a few tunes. I'm absolutely shite but loving it.

Fingers have callused up nicely now....I didn't even know that happened. So....I suppose it's my new hobby and worthy of a mention in this thread.

Don’t give up, you will never regret it! The wife hates how much money I’ve spent on guitars and the like over the years though!

Comment

Mine's an '81 tobacco sunburst Standard, weighs a ton (well, about 9lbs) and almost infinite sustain. Bought it new for £450, can't bring myself to get rid. And the amp is a '73 silver face, really complements the Gibson

I don’t blame you for not wanting to sell it. Gorgeous guitar. My LP is chambered thankfully, so weight isn’t much of an issue, but you do lose a big chunk of the sustain and bit of that famous Les Paul tone. Still sounds great though.

Comment

Planning any mods, Marko? Maybe painting the dot markers black?
                    Seriously, keep at the lessons, it's really rewarding to be able to strum out a tune. My tip is to play along with music you love and are familiar with. It helps you to understand chord structures and progressions, and trains your ear into recognising patterns.
                    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Planning any mods, Marko? Maybe painting the dot markers black?
                      Seriously, keep at the lessons, it's really rewarding to be able to strum out a tune. My tip is to play along with music you love and are familiar with. It helps you to understand chord structures and progressions, and trains your ear into recognising patterns.
                      I'm still at the patting your head and rubbing your belly stage but I'll keep at it
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

beautiful guitar man !

I actually bought mine in 2010 second hand for around £525. Mine is white, and i've removed the scratch guard. Always liked the idea of fitting it with some active pickups but at the same time want to keep it standard if you get me.

My good friend has a lend of mine at the moment, and in return he has leant me a malmsteen signature strat we both love neo-classical

I don't actually own a good amp at the minute. I just have a roland micro cube for practice and an old line 6 pod x3 live. Would like to buy a blackstar amp down the line

Comment

nice guitar mate. I always think acoustic is the best for getting the hang of it.

Ultimate guitar is a great resource for learning once you have a few chords down and you an get your head around tablature.

Youtube is also excellent for learning, more than enough resources online to learn well - i've seen it done

good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
                            I also like others am a keen guitarist, been playing for 20 years. I also own a Gibson Les Paul, I’ll put a picture up later. Another hobby I’m thinking of chasing is to do a DAS and get my bike license...I’m still weighing up whether the cost would be worth it though.
                            awesome man looking forward to seeing a picture Click image for larger version

Name:	66714506_815357568860119_5582084563263386500_n(1).jpg
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	244435

there's a pic of mine

Comment

• Photography Click image for larger version

Name:	PMC_0853.jpg
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	244514Click image for larger version

Name:	PMC_7098.jpg
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	244515Click image for larger version

Name:	Help.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	244516Click image for larger version

Name:	why so serious.jpg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	244517

Comment

• Subject matter a bit scary, last two are ok!

You will have to look out for Picture of the Month, a monthly picture competition, held each month, on a monthly basis. It's good fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X