Hobbies......other than cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    It's a marmite thing. You either love it or hate it. Started for me 42 years ago in 1977 when my dad took me to see episode 4. Made more memorable because my dad never took me anywhere. The trilogy ended in 1983 and jump forward to 1999 and I took my son to see episode 1. That trilogy ended in 2005. Jump forward to 2015 and my son took his son to see episode 7...of course I tagged along just as I did the last one and tomorrow night I'll be tagging along again as the trilogy comes to an end.

So for me there's a lot more to it than just a movie. 4 generations of my family have been a part of my Star Wars fix. Sadly my dad is no longer with us but I'm hoping to still be around if they decide to do another trilogy in 15 or 20 years time.

Oh and in case you're confused by the episode order I gave. It's because George Lucas made episodes 4, 5 and 6 then years later make the prequels episodes 1, 2 and 3. Then years later after Disney bought the franchise off George they made the sequels following on from the original trilogy, episodes 7, 8 and 9.
    So you like Darth Vadar? Turn to the black rim side

May the diamond cut be with you!

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• I have a pilot's license

Click image for larger version

Name:	68441939_10156897023620787_8980854183045365760_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	244119

Comment

• Originally posted by ewanwhosearmy View Post
        I have a pilot's license

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3032[/ATTACH]
        Lovely.....you've just been voted as the personal jet for the Insignia drivers forum .......our next meeting without cars will be in Benidorm......and obviously, your invited

So names will be in a hat....the 1st 5 names out will be going

Comment

I have a pilot's license
          Is that Crosland Moor? I live in Meltham, right in the take-off flight path, so please make sure you pull back hard on the stick!
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I have a pilot's license

I need to get mine

Comment

I have a pilot's license

I think you me and Lewish should have a meet, then we go go flying at a cost [emoji6]

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                Is that Crosland Moor? I live in Meltham, right in the take-off flight path, so please make sure you pull back hard on the stick!
                No its Sleap. I fly from Liverpool

I don't fly from Crosland Moor even through its the nearest, mostly due to there being a lack of a flying club, decent runway

Comment

• Mountain Biking

Name:	20171205_110818.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	244243

That's Hamsterly forest a popular destination.

Comment

• Llamas, dragons , and mystical stuff .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0294.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	244417

Name:	IMG_0292.jpg
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	244418

Name:	IMG_0290.jpg
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	244419

Name:	IMG_0289.jpg
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	244420

Name:	IMG_0288.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	244421

Name:	IMG_0286.jpg
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	244422

Name:	IMG_0287.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	244423

Name:	IMG_0291.jpg
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	244424

Name:	IMG_0293.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	244425

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• hi all fun thread !

cars is actually a very recent hobby of mine and i've a lot to learn.

My main hobby is guitar, and ive played since i was very young

I also enjoy cycling and am also dabbling in java - trying to learn a bit

Comment

• Got to be the first to show my ignorance. Whats java, I thought it was coffee?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          Got to be the first to show my ignorance. Whats java, I thought it was coffee?
                          The tut.....it's a foreign language

Your thinking of Esperanto......that's coffee

Comment

• Did say I was showing my ignorance!

Comment

• Like Scottish then?

Comment

• Originally posted by RB02259 View Post

My main hobby is guitar, and ive played since i was very young
                                I used to play too, still got my Les Paul and Fender Vibrolux, but unfortunately arthritis has put paid to it.
                                2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                                Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
                                X