Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine flush with FLUSHING OIL

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
    This is what my mechanik sad to me on same question...BUT...regardles of regular oil change I got turbo oil feed pipe cloged...After repair of turbo, I was advise to flush engine and/or reduce oil change period couple of times to clean itself.
    There are 2 ways:
    -FLUSHING OIL, thin mineral oil with high detergent content. Drain old oil and filter(would be good to change filter as well), pour FLUSHING OIL 3/4 of engine oil capacity, let it idle fo 20-30min. Drain oil and filter, replace filter and pour new oil. This is gentle way, melting down gunk and no debrise is made in engine, but is more complicated and time consuming.

-ENGINE FLUSH aditives, usualy 250-350ml can container that you pour in warm engine oil, let it idle 5-15min, drain old oil, replace filter and oil...that is it. Any extra step is adding aditive and idle for a while. It is higly agresive, if lot of gunk in motor can cause oil pump to clog by debris.

I will soon go with metod one, got 5L can of MARLY FLUSHING OIL, 2 filters and 6L Dexos2 5w-30 motor oil. Manage to find sump plug seal too, so will also change that.
    Also on older car if any seal is worn, oil leak can occur due to removing deposit that stop leak in first place...

Little off but...
    Some 20years ago I had car, petrol. After oil change and engine working for short time, oil on dipstick was black. After some time oil pump was cloged, oil check came on. I remove bottom to get oil pump out and I found mudd/meyo stuff all over engine. Remove like 1 or 2 kg of mudd, clean oil pump filter\catcher, close it all, pour disel in engine, remove spark plug and crank it for 10sec. let it sit for a while than again and again. Drain disel, pour some old oil, crank it again to collect diesel, drain it, replace filter and oil and everything work great again...For a while oil was like honey and start to go brown as time pass, like it should
    This is for 2.0 turbo petrol, A20NHT but can be used on any engine...

For start, you will need:

FLUSHING OIL, oil filters, motor oil, sump plug(optional only new seal for sump plug-if needed)...

Warm engine to working temperature (BE AWARE OF HOT OIL)!
    Locate SUMP PLUG and loose it (use regular hex socket 15mm). Take catch can bigger then oil capacity of engine. Remove sump plug (BE AWARE OF HOT OIL) and let oil pour to catch can.
    Remove filling cap and dipstick. Remove oil filter (use regular hex socket 32mm with extention).
    Let it drip out at last 30min to 1hour....This is so all oil come out, because FLUSHING OIL is mineral and motor oil is synthetic.
    ***AT OWN RISK***Additionally you can put plastic cup(or something) where oil is coming out and start/crank car for couple of seconds. This is so all oil is pushed out, and plastic cup is so oil dont splash car from sump hole.***
    This step is more needed before puting motor oil, so no flushing oil remain in motor.

Put NEW oil filter(I use cheaper JapKO) in filter cap till click, oil with finger rubber seal on filter and screw it to place with hand, tighten it with wrench.
    Put SUMP PLUG back in place with hand, tighten it with wrench.
    Pour FLUSHING OIL in motor, put dipstick and filler cap back in place.

Start engine and let it idle (read instruction)...in my case 20-30 minute.

Repeat procedure for removing old oil out...

Put NEW oil filter in filter cap till click, replace seal on cap(comes with filter), oil with finger rubber seal on filter and cap and screw it to place with hand, tighten it with wrench.
    Put SUMP PLUG back in place with hand, tighten it with wrench-replace plug or seal if needed.
    Pour MOTOR OIL in motor, put dipstick and filler cap back in place.
    Start engine, let it idle and check for leaks on filter and sump plug.

If you drain old oil properly and pour recommended amount of new oil, on dipstick it will be till max.
    For me it is 6L, and only with this method I replace it all. Service change in garage is filled only with 5.5L(or 6L and then it is over MAX) because they let old out and pour new in without draining it completely

Oil filter after FLUSHING OIL...

Old oil, flushing oil(used) and new motor oil(only on paper towel)
Working...
X