Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandsport - Remap - MPG

Hi,

Are there any remappers on here? Can't understand why the Grandsport is only returning 45mpg when the facelift 170 returned 63mpg. The Grandsport is a lot lighter so should be better. Are there any remappers on here who can - get more mpg and bit more poke? I've had remapped cars before, and although got MUCH more poke, the mpg did not alter at all.

When I bought mine had 6000 miles on the clock. I have done 3000 miles at an average of 48.5 mpg - lot of motorway miles. Best I achieved 55 mpg at a constant 60mph travelling on the M40.
    My previous 64 plate managed 56 mpg on average. I think the Euro 6 technology makes a negative difference against the old models engine.
    I'd be surprised if you can increase power / bhp without any further detriment to economy.

Comment

Isn't it due to the new euro testing standard with MPG.

I have a 140 bhp 2.0 facelift insignia and that has a claimed mpg of 76.2 mpg which is horseradish.

The best I have managed to get is around 65 on the clock or 58 working it out from the tank.

Comment

I'm averaging 50+ mpg in my 1.6D mainly on urban roads. Did a 180mile round trip on m way yesterday and averaged 66 mpg all at totally (il)legal speeds.

Comment

Working...
        X