Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel whining noise

Hello everyone,

I have facelift insignia, noticed that sometimes theres little whining noise while turning on very slow speeds or while car is standing still.

Is that something I should be worried about?

Obvious thing is have you checked power steering fluid level

Comment

All fluids are toped up and there are no leaks or problems like that. Checked that already.

Comment

There will be more people along soon with more knowledge than me hope you get it sorted

Comment

Hope so yet thanks for trying to help anyway I appreciate this community's support

Comment

If there are no obvious leaks, then it could still potentially be the pump itself. I had to replace a whining pump on my 1.8VVT when it had only ~40k on the clock.

If possible, it might be worth popping the drive belt off of the pump and verifying that the noise stops.

If it's only very very quiet, I wouldn't worry too much though, just "let it develop" for a bit.

Comment

A facelift would have electric power steering, so there wouldn't be a reservoir and nothing top up. You could try looking at the top mounts are seated correctly, your springs, bushes, drop links, tie ends etc.

Comment

Working...
              X