first wash, the day after i collected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first wash, the day after i collected

picked the car up from the dealer on march 1st (they did wash it as it was dirty when i viewed it - had just come in, and it looked pretty good after)
    gave it a decent clean on the 2nd - 6 hours on the exterior and engine bay and another wash and iterior clean saturday just gone

got some pics of how it was in the dealer and 1 of how it looked after i washed it

first wash method

wheels and tyres cleaned with APC, Autoglym Magma fallout remover, agitated and rinsed
    apc round edges, trim lines, door shuts and boot.
    washed and rinse, towel dried
    clayed (MY GOD IT NEEDED IT, clay bar was new but was brown after 2 mins on the roof), took me 2 hrs with autoglym quick detailer as a lube
    wheels surfaces clayed
    windows cleaned
    Auto Finesse ultra glaze applied via microfibre pad manually (no DA yet), buffed off and re-applied, also done the windows externally with this, great on glass
    Autoglym extra gloss protection, left to cure for an hour while i dressed the tyres, cleaned the engine bays plastics and dressed them, and any other plastic bits on show.

started to rain as i was finishig off removing the gloss sealant

first viewing

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190225_115534.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	248966

after

Name:	insignia.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	248967

would like to take the wheels of and properly clean and coat them, do under the arches, paint the calipers and get some wax on it

at some point will be a stage 1 correction and ceramic coating, possibly gyeon cancoat
    Attached Files
    Last edited by shaggy6boys; 12-03-2019, 02:47 PM. Reason: login timed out

​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks exclusiv 👍

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
        Thanks exclusiv ��
        my 1st insig was same colour,,,they really pop in the sunshine,after a good polishing
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The pop showed really well after a decent clay session so the colours growing on me, looking to change the lights as they are pathetic and noticed other posts on the same, hoping to get a DA in the summer and give it a proper polish to bring out its best

Comment

Hello and welcome--------------Dave

Comment

Welcome
              The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Welcome ����

I don’t know how people have the patience to clean their car for so long!!!! I loose interest after 15 mins

Comment

I have been known to spend longer, try polishing a transit minibus by hand, ill dig out some pics tomorrow, proof that you can polish a turd 😂

Comment

There's nothing as satisfying at giving the car a thorough detail then standing back to admire your hard work.

Equally nothing as depressing as stepping back after doing the the same and the sky opens up.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

As promised, some pics of my old tourneo afer a long days work

Name:	IMG_20180628_111601.jpg
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	242952

Name:	IMG_20180628_111628.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	242953

Name:	IMG_20180628_195030.jpg