2009 Diesel CDTI Elite - minor power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Diesel CDTI Elite - minor power loss

Hi, looking for a bit of assistance with a minor problem that I hope to sort without it becoming major.

I recently started to have these one-off moments of power loss for a split second, usually in 5th or 6th gear on the motorway. No lights or limp mode, just a one-off dip in power for a split second and then back to normal. It tends to happen one every few journeys around 70 to 80 mph.

I have 119000 miles on the clock and had a new clutch and fly wheel fitted at 95000 which was the second time the fly wheel has been changed on the car.

Wondering if this is what a DPF regen feels like but it's only started in recent months.

I drive 15 miles each way to work which is mainly motorway (with slow traffic on part of that journey).

Other current issues are regarding ABS, Traction, EPS and electronic handbrake warnings which I believe are all related to a speed sensor which I have asked about on another related post but can't see it being linked to this.

Car takes a split second longer than normal to start on the cold mornings which may suggest glow plugs are going but not sure that would affect this, they were last done about 50000 miles ago.

Thinking about doing the fuel filter too and running a dpf and fuel system cleaner through it.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

I had a problem few years ago with a saab diesel that kept going into what appeared to be limp mode but with no lights or fault codes. if stopping, turning off then restarting, car would drive perfect again, turned out to be fuel filter, after replacing filter never failed again.

Comment

Thanks mate, might give that a go. Looks simple enough!

Comment

Has the boost hose been replaced yet as this is a common problem, causing loss of power. There may be a small split in it not big enough to trigger a fault code yet? Glow plugs only used really when cold. Has the fuel filter not been replaced during servicing?
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Hi mate, changed my boost pipe about 50,000 miles ago so I’ll check that again just in case. Had it serviced just recently so will check the tick list to see if it was done as I don’t go to the dealer for servicing. Cheers for your reply 👍🏻

Comment

Working...
          X