Deep fried Mars bar Enthusiast RBH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Visual Hudson View Post
    Okay great, well I'll look into getting me some H7Rs. I am tempted to go with the 55w ones, just because they're brighter, but if you say they're a bit much... I'm gonna have to think.

And yes, the colour temperature info is one thing I did gain from my previous now-useless research! haha. But thanks for pointing it out!

Because I've got one halogne out at the moment. Do you reckon it is worth buying a halogen bulb to put in there for when it comes to my MOT? As in, removing these HID's and temporarily switching them out with the halogens just to pass my test?

Thanks as well for your input!

I was actually leaning away from HIDs Direct just because of how much more expensive they are than the others even though afaik they're all the same basic bulbs. So yeah, I think I'm going to look at one of the other retailers. Anyone in particular you would recommend, other than eBay or anyone in particular on eBay?

Haha well actually the name came from a Burnout (as in the old racing game) related name generator years and years ago. So it is actually more closely related to cars than anything else. Nothing to do with IT! haha
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H7R-6000K...-/281953024301

Something like this buddy

And yep.....I don't blame you about HIDS DIRECT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if this rains on you parade, but I've already been down the H7r route and though they were pants in my headlights. The headlights throw a surprisingly large amount of light straight vertically up, evident in tunnels etc.

I saw little different between h7 and h7r on the same ballasts.

I also tried a few different LED drop in replacements and wasn't happy with any of them.

The pre facelift halogens just don't seem to get on well with hid or LED drop in sadly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so an update...

I've ordered a H7R 55w 6000k HID kit, due to come next week.

In the mean time, I remembered I had a spare bulb set from driving down to France a few months ago. Thought I would get some practice in changing the bulb, so I know what I'm doing when the HID kit comes.

I've figured out how to get the bulb out of the headlamp, but for the life of me I can't get the bulb loose from the wiring or figure out how to swap the bulb over. I've been at it for about an hour now. Tried looking on YouTube and Google, even in the Owner's Manual but no look. Now I've dropped a bloody screwdriver bit somewhere in my engine too that I'm worried about.

Name:  manual.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  51.5 KB

This is what the owners manual says.

Name:  bulb.jpg
Size:  54.7 KB

This is what the bulb looks like.

Name:  screwdriver bit.jpg
Size:  68.5 KB

This is what the screwdriver bit looks like that I've dropped in the engine bay, except it was slightly bigger. I was trying to use it along with this exact bit (inside of a screwdriver) to unclick the clips. But I slipped, the loose bit fell and now is no where to be found. Which now I'm especially worried that it's fallen somewhere that's going to cause big problems. I'm meant to be at work in two hours!

I've tried pulling the two metal clip parts apart, but that doesn't seem to work. I've tried pushing in on the little black bit in the middle of the metal clips, that doesn't seem to work either. I've seen people say to pull them apart, or wriggle them, or whatever but I just can't figure it out.

Also I have just found out that the screwdriver bits are magnetic, and I'm trying to use my flashlight (that has a magnet on it, for sticking it to the car) to find it but no luck with that so far either.

What on earth do I do? What am I doing wrong? Please help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3