Facelift 2.0 petrol turbo 250 ps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift 2.0 petrol turbo 250 ps

So chance I may be selling my car and getting a facelift. Model as per title above.

Who has one on here. What good bad points do you have and also is there any common faults. Anything in particular i need to look out for?

Only appears to be one up for sale at the moment and that’s a basic Sri Vx line Nav with no added extras.

Cheers

David
    sigpic

maybe. 2.0 Turbo rare as rocking horse poo

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I have one and have owned from new, 64 plate and coming up to 30k miles. Only things I have had done and under warranty was a new pedal box in year 2 due to the clicking clutch pedal and new air con compressor last year. I still have the lifetime warranty. For me the engine is a peach, plenty of torque and power plus very quiet. If you wanted to, you can tootle around in 3rd gear at 20mph and accelerate to triple figues without changing gear. Can be thirsty though when you use the right foot alot. I am averaging 32-33mpg over the 30k but majority has been motorway miles........but mine is fully loaded including towbar. If it's an auto I would imagine the mpg would be pretty poor.
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

A few years ago when I was shortlisting Insignias I tried one and liked it.

If I didn't have the car I have now, I'd be happy with a 2.0T/250, but I wouldn't choose one over a 2.8.
        The 2.0T/250 in Elite trim is probably my second-favourite version of the Insignia, behind the old 2.8 Elite. VXR is probably my third favourite version.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...1&modal=photos

Yeah have considered a vxr but haven’t really got the money for one of them currently
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            I have one and have owned from new, 64 plate and coming up to 30k miles. Only things I have had done and under warranty was a new pedal box in year 2 due to the clicking clutch pedal and new air con compressor last year. I still have the lifetime warranty. For me the engine is a peach, plenty of torque and power plus very quiet. If you wanted to, you can tootle around in 3rd gear at 20mph and accelerate to triple figues without changing gear. Can be thirsty though when you use the right foot alot. I am averaging 32-33mpg over the 30k but majority has been motorway miles........but mine is fully loaded including towbar. If it's an auto I would imagine the mpg would be pretty poor.
            Thanks. Had heard from other members yours was fully loaded and the lifetime warranty. Very nice!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
              A few years ago when I was shortlisting Insignias I tried one and liked it.

If I didn't have the car I have now, I'd be happy with a 2.0T/250, but I wouldn't choose one over a 2.8.
              The 2.0T/250 in Elite trim is probably my second-favourite version of the Insignia, behind the old 2.8 Elite. VXR is probably my third favourite version.
              What you got now?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                .......I am averaging 32-33mpg over the 30k but majority has been motorway miles........but mine is fully loaded including towbar. If it's an auto I would imagine the mpg would be pretty poor......
                Slushbox autos are quite a bit worse than manuals in stop-start driving but don't seem to be much different at higher speeds.

Mine's a 2.8 auto with the added drag of 4wd, but cruising at 70mph it'll show high-30s mpg on the trip computer which works out to mid-30s after adjusting for the 10% exaggeration. Town driving will show low-20s mpg on the trip computer but the truth is high-teens mpg.
                Summer gives noticeably better mpg than winter and on some journeys in summer the trip computer has shown low-40s mpg.

Its other trip computer hasn't been reset since I bought the car a few years ago, and it's showing about 38mpg* at an average of about 45mph. (* trip computer lies by about 10%, so the true figure is probably 34mpg). The recent proliferation of roadworks has noticeably dragged down both mpg and average speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
                  What you got now?
                  Insignia Elite 2.8T V6 4x4 auto.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...1&modal=photos

That car is absolutely fudging gorgeous [emoji7] so want one

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Working...
                    X