Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitting a reverse camera into sports tourer (pre-facelift)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a reverse camera into sports tourer (pre-facelift)

How does one route the camera wire from the reverse light socket to the inside of the rear hatch?
    I understand that it's quite easy for the hatchbacks/sedans, where the rear number plate is attached to the main body, but for sports tourer it's on the rear hatch itself and I can't see any holes/grommets to go through except for maybe the number plate light connector hole, but I'd rather not break that.
    Do I just have to drill a new hole and seal it afterwards?

Issue solved, will get it fitted next week. It'll involve drilling the door, so I'll let a pro do it. Will still run the cable to the front myself though.

Comment

how did u fix the prob with the wire?
      can u explain how u installed the cable in the boot lid from ur ST?

i have also an ST and trying to install reverse camera

Comment

I made a hole in the wiring loom protective rubber hose on both sides and fed the cable through there. You could maybe try and feed it through the right side hose since there aren't as many (if any?) wires there.
        It's still a pain to get it done though unless you want to go ahead and remove the whole roof lining.

Comment

To get the wiring through the headlining get hold of a length of mini trunking ( that electrician use ) use the top part ( flat part ) and thread through from front to back . then tape the cable to it and pull through.ive done it .

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

thanks for the replies
            but my main problem is how to get the wire from the tailgate side from the roof until the rearlight in my ST
            inside the car tru headliner is ok to do but than to get out from car interior to the tailgate/rear door and further inside around the rearwindow until the rearlight
            hope somebody has pics about it

Comment

This is how I routed it:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-12-16 094743.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	244097
              The only exposed part of the cable is next to the rubber grommet connecting the trunk to the body next to the hinges.
              There's no hole in the trunk for routing the cable through to the outside, you have to drill a new one where ever you want to push it through from. I drilled a hole behind the number plate.

Comment

Thanks
                How did u get the wires around the rear window inside?

Comment

I pulled the interior cover off, this gives you quite an easy access to everything. You'll need to do that anyway for drilling a new hole.

Comment

Ok...when it stops raining and i have freetime ....i will explore and try
                    Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X