Tapping on cold start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapping on cold start.

Hey guys got a tapping sound when I start my car. Only happens on a cold start up!
    It’s a 2.0 cdti for those of you that don’t know.

Any ideas would be great.

As we are not on Facebook, it won’t be my oil pick up seal, dpf or dmf. Error free leds wont fix it but will probably give me errors 😂

Cheers
    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

head gasket mate!
    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
      head gasket mate!
      Why do you think that? Oil is ok an no signs of leaks? Power still good too
      The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Sounds like it’s near the aux belt?

Comment

I was joking ... Its the only thing from facebook you missed!

I've got the same issue mate.. I was gonna drop the belt on mine and see if it was the aux belt or from the cambelt side of things

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
            I was joking ... Its the only thing from facebook you missed!

I've got the same issue mate.. I was gonna drop the belt on mine and see if it was the aux belt or from the cambelt side of things
            Hahahahaha sh@t myself hahahahaha bit slow there

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
              Hahahahaha sh@t myself hahahahaha bit slow there
              Unilateral says water pump and belt ! Jobs good, maybe even an exploded turbo

Comment

Sounds like when my aircon pump started chirping. Turn on the aircon does the noise go away?

Comment

my aircon dont work anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                    Sounds like when my aircon pump started chirping. Turn on the aircon does the noise go away?
                    Thanks

I’ll try it tomorrow morning, my air con wasn’t so cold today so maybe pointing to an issue there.....let’s see. [emoji1305]

Comment

Thanks

I’ll try it tomorrow morning, my air con wasn’t so cold today so maybe pointing to an issue there.....let’s see. [emoji1305]
                      Failing that slip the aux belt off and spin each pulley. When was the cambelt last changed and water pump?

Comment

Failing that slip the aux belt off and spin each pulley. When was the cambelt last changed and water pump?
                        Never, I’m at 56k now

Comment

Never, I’m at 56k now
                          Probably due a change very soon then. Sure its like 60k or 4 years which ever is sooner. I may be wrong as my wife will tell you

Comment

Probably due a change very soon then. Sure its like 60k or 4 years which ever is sooner. I may be wrong as my wife will tell you
                            100k and 72 months for it !

Comment

Definitely not the air con pump.

Comment

Working...
                              X