Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID v LED, pros and cons from members who have them

upgrade H.I.D v LED

going to upgrade my lights, i'm pretty convinced ive got the hir 9012 bulb but i'll confirm that when i take a look and get a chance in the glorous welsh weather we currently not receiving (its a 2014 facelift and some web sites confirm it anyway but best and easier to check myself).

what i'd like to know is who has hids and who has LED and what do they think of them...positive and negative.

I've read that the leds are instant and brighter but the beam can be blinding however set up correctly they dont need to be changed come MOT time whereas the HID's (it'll be 5000k if i get them) are less blinding, closer to the factory DRL's but need to be changed before MOT (which doesnt bother me swapping before), i had 8000k on my old import, looked good but didnt have much effect over the std HID bulb

My advice would be to just get an Insignia with the factory AFL......as in my opinion they are superb and you would not want to go back to halogen or LED
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

car doesnt have AFL, can these lamp be retrofitted or is there additional wiring involved (i'm guessing the upgrade kit would be cheaper though)

Comment

Working...
      X