How much for a new Windscreen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much for a new Windscreen?

My Elite has Light n Sight few places won't even quote? A lorry threw a stone at me yesterday on the M62 I thought I was being shot at ! 50 pence size lump out of glass at eye level. I'm going through my insurance at £100 excess. Just surprised at the lack of interest from the local places.

Because most of the time its insurance, they not interested in general public, money is instant and at a premium from insurance. £100 seems a little high, its usually between £60 - £75 on most policies.

What difference is in the light n sight package? I meant i didnt think the windscreen was any different.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Heat proof glass, rain sensors and camera to remove/replace.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
        Heat proof glass, rain sensors and camera to remove/replace.
        Rain sensor is not in windscreen, camera easy, most windscreens heat proof

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Then why are they asking if these parts are fitted? I'm sure the screen is different, because the sensors won't work where the glass is heat proofed there is an area without in front of the mirror on Light n Sight models. Back to you Matt ?
          I've just had a quote back now for over £300 !

Comment

Then why are they asking if these parts are fitted? I'm sure the screen is different, because the sensors won't work where the glass is heat proofed there is an area without in front of the mirror on Light n Sight models. Back to you Matt ?
            No idea . Yes there is a top section that is clear for the camera etc. Far as I know camera is in housing and not attached to screen directly, never stripped mine . As for rain sense I'd assume it just the sensor that sends inferred beams across the interior of the screen and works on the return reflection to judge how much rain there is.

Comment

I agree with you, but it means any old screen will not do. They'll have to order in a specific screen. Hence the higher price.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                most windscreens heat proof
                Not true, the insignia Elite pre-facelift has a different colour glass for the heat reflective screen. On the facelift Elite iirc I think you had to also have the camera pack or adaptive cruise to get the heat reflective glass.

Will they re-calibrate the camera too?
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

No idea about recalibration. But I think the system is fabulous on unlit A and B roads. Best lights I've ever experienced in a car. I'm sure the place the insurance company is sending me will know all about these things, they have been out years now. Fingers crossed.

Comment

theres is a different bracket for interior mirror on standard elites or such with high beam assist, thats mounted to the interior mirror, on vehicles with road sign recognition its actually a totally seperate bracket for it
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Just had mine done through insurance for £75. Yes the screen is slightly different because of the light sensor but at autoglass it was still off the shelf and fitted the same day as I rang them.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                        Not true, the insignia Elite pre-facelift has a different colour glass for the heat reflective screen. On the facelift Elite iirc I think you had to also have the camera pack or adaptive cruise to get the heat reflective glass.

Will they re-calibrate the camera too?
                        Learn something new everyday

Comment

I think the excess is different for everyone. It depends on whatever you sort out when you take out your policy.
                          Some great posts though
                          Thank you.

Comment

Probably slightly different windscreen and these items need to be recalibrated even though they are behind the glass. Certainly the case for intelilux headlamps and sign recognition
                            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Fitted today 40 minutes. No calibration necessary!

Comment

Working...
                              X