No announcement yet.

New member and owner.. issues already?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member and owner.. issues already?!

Hello everyone. Im new to the forum and the 2013 facelift insignia 1.8 petrol. The car had an impact to the front before i bought it so the radiator was slightly damaged. I have changed the radiator. I filled up with coolant and started the car to warm up the engine, check for leaks and all. All is fine no leaks, and engine was warming gradually. However when the temp reached around 45 degrees i had a 'service vehicle soon' message pop up and the fan kicked in. Lasted around a minute untill message went and fan went off. After about another minute or 2 it happened again. In total happened around 3 times before reaching 90 degrees. Temp then went up further to around 95 and stayed there with the fan kicking in every few minutes and the message popping up. Also noticed the heater in the car was blowing cold air even though it was set to max temp? Just wondering what you guys think the problems may be as i don't want to replace things that don't need replacing.

Thanks

Hi,air lock or thermostat stuck/failed.Maybe a good idea to get any codes read.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Il try to get the codes read tomorrow hopefully. If its a failed thermostat would codes show? Are they easy to change? Thanks

Comment

Welcome
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi,

Hope you get it sorted.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hello and welcome----I have plenty of genuine/new spares in my garage for your engine---1.8vvt--if you need anything give me a call--they are off my Vectra and never been used-----Dave

Comment

As above air lock or thermostat or a leak somewhere that you didnt spot, welcome.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hello all. Thank you all for the replies. Just thought i would update. Changed the thermostat and it seemed to fix the problem of the message and fan kicking in. Radiator pipe connected to thermo gets warm now so all seems good so far. Just wanted to check if its normal for the temp gauge to show just over 90 when warmed? It hits a tad bit before the first increment after the 90 mark. Just abit paranoid as all cars iv had stay at 90 and dont go above. Thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

Think that you are being a bit paranoid---it is ok where it is on the gauge-----Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                    Think that you are being a bit paranoid---it is ok where it is on the gauge-----Dave
                    Agreed

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

looks fine to me, mine (2014) stays at just over half the gauge

Comment

Smashing guys. Thanks for the reassurance!

Comment

As said,ok on gauge.Glad you sorted it.
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                          X