2010 with 12000 miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    No they wouldn't. They might pull ahead a little but they wouldn't leave it. I've had this argument loads of times. Don't confuse torque for speed.
    Lol i wasn't, was quoting 0 - 60 times and top speed;

1.8i 16V SRi Vx-line Nav 5dr Hatchback 10.80secs 129mph 179g/km 37.20mpg

2.0 CDTi ecoFLEX SRi Vx-line Nav [160] 5dr SS Hatchback 8.90secs 137mph 115g/km 65.70mpg

2.0 CDTi [170] ecoFLEX SRi Vx-line 5dr [S/S] 9.00secs 139mph 118g/km 62.80mpg

2.0 CDTi Bi-Turbo SRi Vx-line Nav [195] 5dr Hatchback 8.20secs 143mph 129g/km 57.60mpg

2.0T SIDI SRi Vx-line Nav 5dr [Start Stop] 7.50secs 155mph 169g/km 39.20mpg

2.8T V6 4X4 Elite Nav 4dr Auto Saloon 6.70secs 155mph 258g/km 25.70mpg

2.8T V6 4x4 Elite Nav 5dr Auto Estate 7.00secs 154mph 265g/km 25.00mpg

2.8T V6 4X4 Elite Nav 5dr Auto Hatchback 6.70secs 155mph 258g/km 25.70mpg

But yes i know what you meant, to be honest unless you have a performance car etc most new cars are quick and one doesn't leave another absolutely standing.

and it's not like the Insignia is a rocket from the traffic lights

Beg pardon to those in here with remaps, boxes, pedal kits etc etc

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Agreed....hence why I don't like the 1.8 petrol being looked at as the poor relation. It's naturally spoother and faster than diesel but for even a 2.0 diesel to have any chance over the 1.8 petrol, the diesel needs a turbo.

There are only 2 reasons people buy diesels and that's for economy and towing. I'd struggle to believe anybody who buys one over a petrol based purely on them thinking it's better.

I'm not trying to start a petrol v diesel war. I'm just stating facts.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Agreed....hence why I don't like the 1.8 petrol being looked at as the poor relation. It's naturally spoother and faster than diesel but for even a 2.0 diesel to have any chance over the 1.8 petrol, the diesel needs a turbo.

There are only 2 reasons people buy diesels and that's for economy and towing. I'd struggle to believe anybody who buys one over a petrol based purely on them thinking it's better.

I'm not trying to start a petrol v diesel war. I'm just stating facts.
        Had diesels for years, but the Astra was petrol . Insignia just happened to be a diesel when i was looking, and the cheap tax helped .

You know what roads in Hull are like, anything quicker just a waste of time, took me 2hrs the other night to get home, 13 miles .

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

And even on my short commute, i am saving roughly £40 a month on fuel, insurance is now cheaper, tax is £130 a year cheaper and only have to detour to a filling station once a month .

Comment

Also - it was in my dad's 1.8 GL Cavalier that i got banned for a month speeding, average of 112.5mph over 2.5 miles. It used to fly, as did my 1.8i GLI Cavalier, used to knock it down into 3rd at over 100mph and it pulled . yes i was a boy racer, that car had 2 engines and a gearbox.

Comment

You animal!
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                You animal!
                Didn't matter what i was driving i would race anything, from Mexicos to Mantas . I wasn't a good driver, just a lucky driver. That ban slowed me down, 28 days and massive fine, but no points.

Comment

Working...
                X