Rear Brake Wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Brake Wear

Just replaced my Grandsons rear brake pads. three were down to about 4mm but the near side outer pad was down to 1mm and beginning to break up. Plenty of life in the discs so replaced the pads. Then I started to think about mine, so I had a look. It was the same the nearside outer pad was worn more than the other three. down to 3 mm the others 5/6 mm, changed them. His is a year younger than mine, MY2014 as against MY2013 both with about 55,000 on clock.
    Is this just a coincidence or do other motors have the same problem ??
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

slider pins free enough ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

As above
      Callipers are sticking.

Service the callipers and may be resolved. Breaking up of the pad may be down to overheating due to being stuck on.

Comment

All cleaned and serviced, with new anti-rattle springs, with just a spot of copper slip to ease the guide pins along a bit.
        My point it was the same on both cars, same pad, with three pads as normal.
        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

really should be part of service schedule,,especially the rears. the bottom slider seems to seize very easy for some reason if left unmaintained
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

My motor has been serviced every year since new, by the first owner and me when it was under guarantee, by the same stealer. Out of guarantee now, so starting to do my own servicing.
            With any bigger jobs done by an indy. One thing that put me off the stealer servicing my motor, small I know, but at the last service they gave me a list of the items serviced, with a nice tick in the box by every item, every one ticked. The power steering fluid had a nice tick in the box, saying it had been checked and topped up if required, problem is my motor MY 2013 has electric powered steering, how many of the others were just Ticked. Service just before MOT, pass MOT should be fine, Getting a bit long in the tooth now, should manage it for a few years, and save a bit of dosh,
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
              All cleaned and serviced, with new anti-rattle springs, with just a spot of copper slip to ease the guide pins along a bit.
              My point it was the same on both cars, same pad, with three pads as normal.
              Aaaarrrgh!!, Copper slip on the slides. a mechanics nightmare. You should use silicone or a light grease on the slides. copper slip turns into a paste after a while causing it to stick even more
              sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

As above with the copper slip. I use red rubber grease on mine.

Comment

Working...
                X