Insignia no. 3 - VXLine 170

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
    650 fitted. Jesus!! imagoe the cost of a full front end - bumper, lights, lower grille, fogs, fog surrounds, fog chromes, VXLine splitter - on top of the 650!!
    A few years ago someone reversed at fairly low speed into the front of my Astra J Bi-Turbo (it has a different front to other models).
    It took a couple of weeks to get parts.
    The total cost was £2.5k, paid by the other driver's insurance.
    Fortunately no injuries and I didn't need a hire car - I had another car I could use and I didn't want to unnecessarily push the claim cost any higher in case somehow my insurer wanted to settle 50/50 or in case I got pushed into one of those credit agreements for a hire car which might later be contested as an unnecessary cost.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
      A few years ago someone reversed at fairly low speed into the front of my Astra J Bi-Turbo (it has a different front to other models).
      It took a couple of weeks to get parts.
      The total cost was £2.5k, paid by the other driver's insurance.
      Fortunately no injuries and I didn't need a hire car - I had another car I could use and I didn't want to unnecessarily push the claim cost any higher in case somehow my insurer wanted to settle 50/50 or in case I got pushed into one of those credit agreements for a hire car which might later be contested as an unnecessary cost.
      Am not bothering with insurance, after the excess, I don't think it's worth it for £350 - Just paying it. I always buy a car I can afford easily, and as you say, no-one has died or been injured (other than the pheasant!) - but I shall be making a concerted effort to eat a lot of pheasant now... the little 2@

Comment

but I shall be making a concerted effort to eat a lot of pheasant now... the little 2@
        It's a shame the GS doesn't come with pheasant braking/alert to accompany the pedestrian and collision braking/alert
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

All fixed, great job by EH Priory Park.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice one.......Now slow down for pheasants.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Nearly 2 months into ownership,... New engine grille and screw through the tyre already, never had one tyre issue with the facelift a... Hope this car isn't going to be a pain. Already disappointed with the build quality of the headlight units, the bulb retaining system is bloody awful, and the level adjustment mechanism is not much better either.

Comment

few months in, ... loving the car. So much more than I expected or hoped it would be (other than mpg!! that stinks)

not done a great deal to it since ownership other than:

hard wired dash cam
                fitted 255/35 tyres instead of the 245/35 tyres
                LED driving and main beam bulbs
                removed inflation device and replaced with space saver and jack

oh,... and a new engine grille!

Full clean last Sunday,... looking fab
                Attached Files

Comment

few months in, ... loving the car. So much more than I expected or hoped it would be (other than mpg!! that stinks)

not done a great deal to it since ownership other than:

hard wired dash cam
                  fitted 255/35 tyres instead of the 245/35 tyres
                  LED driving and main beam bulbs
                  removed inflation device and replaced with space saver and jack

oh,... and a new engine grille!

Full clean last Sunday,... looking fab
                  Keigar houses? Looks just like houses around the corner from me

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Some moody shots
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sharp and sunny, then and now: 2011 XP2 / 2019 VXLine
                      Attached Files

Comment

Definitely the best colour I love mine!!

Comment

Little bit of art
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hey Chewy, how are you getting on with the LED driving and main beam lights? Which ones did you go for?
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                              Hey Chewy, how are you getting on with the LED driving and main beam lights? Which ones did you go for?
                              Much much better than the standard halogens, I need to lift mine a little though as I feel they are too low, despite my mechanic setting them up correctly, I'll get him to lift them and just roll them down if I get flashed. I do get the odd error message pop up for bulb out, but just dismiss it, happens about once every month. I went for the ones recommended on this forum,.. let me get the links for you:

Dip beam: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                              Canecellors for dip beam: 2x Led Light Bulb Canbus Error Free Anti Flicker Resistor Canceller Decoder ( 272939581883 ) - not listed anymore
                              Main beam: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nighteye-...72.m2749.l2649

although both H7, the position of the LED on the shaft is important on dip beam which is why those are used, not so important on main beam for me so got cheaper ones. Main beam does not require cancellors either
                              Attached Files

Comment

Shane redfearn what tyre shine do you use,.. looks brill

Comment

Working...
                                X