Led/hid upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Led/hid upgrade

Hi all, I have a 2011 Sri VX line, with h7 reflector headlights. At present I have osram night breaker laser bulbs, which are far better than the original ones, but the light output could be better. So, my question is, can I fit leds or hid kit. I've been looking at the led upgrade, but it seems that you cannot refit the plastic bulb housing covers due to the length of the bulbs???. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I am also worried about the can bus system. I have all my interior lights in blue led, without any issues, but they are not part of the canbus system.

The standard Halogen headlights are, to be kind, crap.

I went through many incarnations of HID H7, H7R, several different types of LEDs and not one give a beam pattern and brightness that I was remotely happy with.

Others have faired better than me (or i have too high an expectation)

You can order replacement fitting clips designed for HID bulbs to make the LEDs fit but its not fun.

In my opinion, the only viable option is changing the headlights for aftermarket ones like the 2xcite ones or one of the several types on Aliexpress (careful they might be all for LHD)

Comment

Working...
    X