Help! - Grand Sport owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cmor View Post
    Yeah, I know Dave. It definitely did work and it doesn't now, but that's not enough for them apparently!
    If they've got another Elite at the dealership why not ask to take it out at dusk with a mechanic to prove it should work
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      If they've got another Elite at the dealership why not ask to take it out at dusk with a mechanic to prove it should work
      That's part of the problem, they don't have one at the dealership.

Comment

Try another dealership? Test drive?
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

A little test you can try is when it's dark start the car so auto lights are on then turn on the torch on you phone and shine it at the mirror sensor. I tried it tonight and the mirror went nearly black but with a green sheen.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            Try another dealership? Test drive?
            Think I've found one at their site, going to see them today.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              A little test you can try is when it's dark start the car so auto lights are on then turn on the torch on you phone and shine it at the mirror sensor. I tried it tonight and the mirror went nearly black but with a green sheen.
              Thanks Marco. I did try that a while ago and the mirror did nothing. One of the main issues I have is proving that it doesn't work, but in daylight as they don't open at night!

I was told that if you do what you did during the day, but cover up the light sensor on the back of the mirror, it should still darken. Could you try that for me please?

Ideally I need to be able to go there during the day and prove it doesn't work. There must be some way of testing it in daylight.

Comment

Yeah here you go....I've made a short video clip. Doesn't look as dark in the daylight but you can deffo see it working.

2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yeah here you go....I've made a short video clip. Doesn't look as dark in the daylight but you can deffo see it working.

Awesome, thanks Marko.

I can take that to the dealer and prove it!

Did you need to have your lights switched on as well?

Comment

No problem. Hope it helps your case...

No, I forgot to turn the lights on. I had the engine running. It didn't work until I started the car.

Comment

No problem. Hope it helps your case...

No, I forgot to turn the lights on. I had the engine running. It didn't work until I started the car.
                      Your a star Marco, I owe you a drink someday!

I did the same video with my car and the mirror did nothing, went to the dealer and showed them. Also did the same test on one if their cars and it worked.

They now have the evidence and have accepted that mine is faulty

Thanks.

Comment

Nice one....hope you get a speedy fix.

Comment

Well this should be very interesting. Watching this space with eager anticipation

Comment

I'll let you know what happens. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy67 View Post
                              I will have to check, I haven't noticed it not dimming but will check the next time i'm out at night.
                              Sorry not been out at night yet, don't get to out in the evenings very often at the moment hope you get it sorted.

Comment

Well, you live and learn - turned out to be the aftermarket LED reversing bulbs!

Comment

Working...
                                X