Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it my EGR Valve??

Hello chums:

My insignia has recently been going into limp mode when I accelerate 'with purpose' - it doesn't happen every time, but it does seem to be getting more frequent.
    Today, my friendly neighbourhood mechanic suggested that it could be the EGR valve. I have plugged in my diagnostic box, but no fault codes came up. When the car goes into limp mode, I get "Service Vehicle Soon" but no other fault lights.

Is it easy to clean an EGR Valve? I've never cleaned one before so I'm rather clueless.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

All the best,
    Steve.

If it’s the 2.0 diesel it’s on the back of the engine and needs a t28/30 long reach torx.
    I’m sure there’s a how to somewhere

Comment

I have the same issue today but now engine management light on had it diagnosed used to a mass air filter fault. Had cleared and now returned again

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
        Hello chums:

My insignia has recently been going into limp mode when I accelerate 'with purpose' - it doesn't happen every time, but it does seem to be getting more frequent.
        Today, my friendly neighbourhood mechanic suggested that it could be the EGR valve. I have plugged in my diagnostic box, but no fault codes came up. When the car goes into limp mode, I get "Service Vehicle Soon" but no other fault lights.

Is it easy to clean an EGR Valve? I've never cleaned one before so I'm rather clueless.
        Thanks in advance for any advice.

All the best,
        Steve.

Could be a split in the inter cooler pipe.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I had this and got P0402 - excessive exhaust gasses
          Fitted new EGR valve but am still getting the same code
          seems to be pointing to the EGR temp sensor
          Just need to locate it now?

Comment

Working...
          X