Grand Sport halogen bulb removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport halogen bulb removal

Hello folks, Looking at changing my low beam H7 bulbs for something brighter. I am a bit wary of removing the original. Following the instructions in the manual I have exerted quite a lot of pressure on the retainer to release the bulb holder. All that happens is the retainer starts to bend and I don't want to break it by over forcing. Anybody in the forum removed these headlight bulbs that can advise please?

I just grabbed the back of the bulbs, wriggled them and they popped out.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks Marko, as you stated just moved the bulb a little side to side and they came out.
      For anyone interested I fitted Phillips Xtreme Vision H7's. Was a little sceptical but they are definitely better producing a brighter light. Probably not 130% better as the marketing suggests.
      Might try LED's if/when these expire on me.

Comment

Working...
      X