Balancing - hmmmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balancing - hmmmmm

Having had four new tyres fitted about 1k miles ago, I keep getting a vibration through the car and seats at anything above 65mph ish. Had this issue before on two previous Insignias and has always been out of balance rear tyres.
    Tyre place has rebalanced the wheels several times and whilst things have improved, it still ain't perfect.
    So today, I decided to weigh a standard wheel bolt and a locking one - anal eh? Standard was 35g and the locking one was 50g. So short of a dynamic wheel balance (does anyone still offer this?), I'm never going to get my wheels balanced correctly. Have now put locking bolts as far opposite the valves as possible to see if there's any improvement.

Edit - what a load of bollox I've posted. The locking bolts are on the hub so shouldn't effect any balance on the outer rims. Sorry to waste your time guys
    Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

I remember when i worked in a tyre place and thid guy had big locking wheel nuts on his car and he kept complaining that the wheels were out of balance even though we tried 5 times to balance them, each time spot on. Told him in the end to take the locking wheel nuts off which he did and succeed in the wheels not vibrating at speed.
    So don’t discredit the locking wheel nuts just yet

Comment

The last place fitted tyre to my insignia didn’t balance the back ones said that where all the vibration comes from and so far it’s smooth over 70

Comment

I'm not to sure what it is with tires places and balancing.

Got a new tire for the rear of mine. Since then got a vibrantion in the seat.

Time and time again it went back in and they couldn't solve the issue. The comments I got was how could rear tires be out of balance. In the end i told them I wasn't taking the car back until they balanced the rear tires. Problem then went..

Comment

There's a lot of tyre places that struggle to balance 20" wheels hence why I always get my tyres fitted by the dealer.............though I buy my own tyres
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
          X