Factory sat nav update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory sat nav update?

Probably a bit of a noddy question, but how do you do it?

Never had a car with this kit before. Only a TomTom that plugs into the laptop and I can’t get my Insignia through the front door to connect it!

Cheers

Originally posted by 80mojo View Post
    Probably a bit of a noddy question, but how do you do it?

Never had a car with this kit before. Only a TomTom that plugs into the laptop and I can’t get my Insignia through the front door to connect it!

Cheers
    What nav unit is it? Various ways. Some you buy a disc, some are usb.

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
      What nav unit is it? Various ways. Some you buy a disc, some are usb.

https://vauxhall.navigation.com/sku/...ogName=Catalog
      To be honest it's very expensive and unless you live or travel in an area that has had loads of work done, you won't really notice anything new.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by 80mojo View Post
        I can’t get my Insignia through the front door
        take the laptop outside
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I think it’s the Navi 900 intellilink The car’s only just a year old so it’s not horrendously outofdate, but I tended to update the day nav once a year-ish as it was free updates.

I guess it would be USB as it would plug straight into the socket between the seats.

Are they a one use only thing or can you give t to your mate to use too?

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            take the laptop outside

Guess I asked for that!! ����

Comment

Only just a year old? So is it the Grand Tourer? The Insignia B? If so it has to go into vx . I don't think they give out a usb for it...But if they do it's vin coded to your car and will only update your car, and nobody else.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Only just a year old? So is it the Grand Tourer? The Insignia B? If so it has to go into vx . I don't think they give out a usb for it...But if they do it's vin coded to your car and will only update your car, and nobody else.
                Yeah it’s a Grand Tourer Insignia B.

Typical the buggers have it sewn up so you have to go to main dealer ��

Thanks for the replies though, at least I know

Comment

Yeah they like to milk us.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Mines a 2013 navi900 intelli
                    And never been updated, my car thinks I drive over roundabouts and through fields

I've been told it can only be updated by Vauxhall and they charge a small fortune apparently.
                    So I've not had it done.

I do want/need it doing though.
                    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

mines a 2014 and never been updated but only had it 6 weeks....
                      will it add any more features to the screen (system update) or just update the maps? getting it done this year anyway

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
                        mines a 2014 and never been updated but only had it 6 weeks....
                        will it add any more features to the screen (system update) or just update the maps? getting it done this year anyway
                        There is a separate maps update to the system update. Don't know what either adds sorry. Mine was updated when I bought it, and I use Android Auto anyway. But to be fair maps is spot on when iv used it.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

It will just update the maps. It won't give you android auto or apple car play.

Comment

I have just bought an Atra Elite[17 reg], which is fitted with a Nvi900-intellilink. I can tell you that i think its the most useless satellite navigation i have seen.

It takes routes that add miles to your journey such that it is in my opinion unuseable. In my Insignia, just got rid of because of the crazy restrictions being applied to diesels, i had a Chinese aftermarket GPS system that was streets ahead of intellilink, with one of the best navigation systems i have used. The nav programme was Igo Primo with every option you may require.

Sorry if i sound a little sour towards my current setup but i find it really useless. I have currently on order the 2019 updates for it. As previously said they are on a USB stick programmed with your cars VIN. The total cost, with postage from Holland, including VAT is £103. This also upsets me because my previous sat. nav. was regularly updated at no cost.

If when updated there is a marked improvement in the system i will let you know.

For those that have the Navi900 do you experience the same frustration?

Comment

Originally posted by franka View Post
                              I have just bought an Atra Elite[17 reg], which is fitted with a Nvi900-intellilink. I can tell you that i think its the most useless satellite navigation i have seen.

It takes routes that add miles to your journey such that it is in my opinion unuseable. In my Insignia, just got rid of because of the crazy restrictions being applied to diesels, i had a Chinese aftermarket GPS system that was streets ahead of intellilink, with one of the best navigation systems i have used. The nav programme was Igo Primo with every option you may require.

Sorry if i sound a little sour towards my current setup but i find it really useless. I have currently on order the 2019 updates for it. As previously said they are on a USB stick programmed with your cars VIN. The total cost, with postage from Holland, including VAT is £103. This also upsets me because my previous sat. nav. was regularly updated at no cost.

If when updated there is a marked improvement in the system i will let you know.

For those that have the Navi900 do you experience the same frustration?
                              No, standard on board nav works OK, but use AA Google maps or waze, both excellent and on a par with anything else out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X