Car
    2014 SRI Nav Ecoflex s/s estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    mines a 2014 and never been updated but only had it 6 weeks....
    will it add any more features to the screen (system update) or just update the maps? getting it done this year anyway

TIGHTER THAN A GNATS TWAT ! MattG's Avatar
    Car
    2016 2.0 CDTi ecoFLEX BlueInjection Elite Nav (170) s/s
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy6boys View Post
    mines a 2014 and never been updated but only had it 6 weeks....
    will it add any more features to the screen (system update) or just update the maps? getting it done this year anyway
    There is a separate maps update to the system update. Don't know what either adds sorry. Mine was updated when I bought it, and I use Android Auto anyway. But to be fair maps is spot on when iv used it.
    MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will just update the maps. It won't give you android auto or apple car play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just bought an Atra Elite[17 reg], which is fitted with a Nvi900-intellilink. I can tell you that i think its the most useless satellite navigation i have seen.

It takes routes that add miles to your journey such that it is in my opinion unuseable. In my Insignia, just got rid of because of the crazy restrictions being applied to diesels, i had a Chinese aftermarket GPS system that was streets ahead of intellilink, with one of the best navigation systems i have used. The nav programme was Igo Primo with every option you may require.

Sorry if i sound a little sour towards my current setup but i find it really useless. I have currently on order the 2019 updates for it. As previously said they are on a USB stick programmed with your cars VIN. The total cost, with postage from Holland, including VAT is £103. This also upsets me because my previous sat. nav. was regularly updated at no cost.

If when updated there is a marked improvement in the system i will let you know.

For those that have the Navi900 do you experience the same frustration?

TIGHTER THAN A GNATS TWAT ! MattG's Avatar
    Car
    2016 2.0 CDTi ecoFLEX BlueInjection Elite Nav (170) s/s
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by franka View Post
    I have just bought an Atra Elite[17 reg], which is fitted with a Nvi900-intellilink. I can tell you that i think its the most useless satellite navigation i have seen.

It takes routes that add miles to your journey such that it is in my opinion unuseable. In my Insignia, just got rid of because of the crazy restrictions being applied to diesels, i had a Chinese aftermarket GPS system that was streets ahead of intellilink, with one of the best navigation systems i have used. The nav programme was Igo Primo with every option you may require.

Sorry if i sound a little sour towards my current setup but i find it really useless. I have currently on order the 2019 updates for it. As previously said they are on a USB stick programmed with your cars VIN. The total cost, with postage from Holland, including VAT is £103. This also upsets me because my previous sat. nav. was regularly updated at no cost.

If when updated there is a marked improvement in the system i will let you know.

For those that have the Navi900 do you experience the same frustration?
    No, standard on board nav works OK, but use AA Google maps or waze, both excellent and on a par with anything else out there.
    MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights .

6. Likes franka liked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply. Maybe when i install the map update i will like it better.

Car
    Insignia 2.0 SRI NAV VX-LINE CDTIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much does VX actually charge for the map update?

Its a pity we cant all meet up at some services and all update from one USB
    As said thought its unique to the car... spoilsports
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnoe View Post
    How much does VX actually charge for the map update?

Its a pity we cant all meet up at some services and all update from one USB
    As said thought its unique to the car... spoilsports
    The update is only for NAVI 900 Intellilink.

The update i got is version 2019 and is compatible with Opel/Vauxhall Astra K MY 2016 to MY 2018
    Insignia MY 2016 to 2018
    Mokka X MY2017 to 2018

When ordering they need your VIN number, presumably to supply the correct update. But also, the VIN number is embedded into the update, so you can only download it into the car with a matching VIN code.

The cost is £93 + VAT = delivery, a total of £103.

It's not only PSA that are squeezing Vauxhall owners it seems that Vauxhall themself are squeezing us.

Car
    Face Lift Insignia Elite Sport Tourer 163 Auto
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the link 900 in MY13 Insignia, needs updating. Went along the new underpass at Tollgate Island near Coventry Airport, soon after it was finished, it had a duck fit.
    I tend not to use any sat nav when I have my tin tent in tow, particularly as I near a site, use my AA map and Google earth to get a sight of the roads around the site. Sat nav can send you god knows where, not good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2