bluetooth connection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluetooth connection problem

I got an SRI with navi 800 today (2009) and have been playing with the infotainment centre tonight. I tried connecting my phone but the navi and my phone can't see each other. Bluetooth is activated on both devices, and I get the screen "Ready to pair in next 3 minutes, Code 1234" on the navi, but the navi doesn't see my phone and my phone can't find the navi. My phone is a Pixel 2.

Any suggestions anyone please?

Delete the car off the phone, and vice versa then re pair

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

This is the first time I've tried to connect them or pair them. They can't see each other.

Comment

Are there any other phones registered to the car by previous owners.??
        If so, then you may need to delete previous owners phones before you can connect yours. Think the memory is restricted as to how many phones can be registered.
        Hope this helps.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Thanks but there were none stored. Not sure if previous owner deleted them.

I'm assuming this car has definitely got bluetooth because it has the bluetooth option in the phone menu screen.

I'll try the wifes iphone in the morning to see if that connects.

Comment

you need to make your phone visible to other devices in your phones bluetooth settings, then the car and phone will find each other.

Comment

It is visible, it finds other devices no problem. And other devices find my phone.

Comment

Reset Bluetooth. Switch it off on phone and car. Switch both back on and check everything to do with Bluetooth on the car. In fact after switching off on phone restart your phone also.

Mine did this once. Took ages to reset everything.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  Reset Bluetooth. Switch it off on phone and car. Switch both back on and check everything to do with Bluetooth on the car. In fact after switching off on phone restart your phone also.

Mine did this once. Took ages to reset everything.
                  I was the same as MattG
                  Even when I got a new phone, it took what seemed an eternity to get it connected again.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I managed to get it connected. I switched off bluetooth on the phone, restarted it and switched bluetooth back on, and it connected. So it was my phone being temperamental.

Comment

Working...
                    X