MAF fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF fault

Had service vehicle soon display on my trip/info screen and car loose power similar to limp mode. Changing gears seemed to make this dissapear. Then this evening happened again but now engine management light remained on. Had Bosch unit hooked up a diagnosed a Mass air filter fault cleared the fault and now come back. Have heard this has happened with other cdti models ?

Post fault codes here.

Comment

This happened to my CDTI about two weeks ago,

got my garage to check the codes and it came up with 'Mass Airflow Irregularity', ... along with a tiny split in the boost pipe...(when i say tiny i mean minuscule)

apparently the only way to cure this is to replace the Mass Airflow Sensor...along with the boost pipe.

i will admit thorough, the new one they fitted looked like the 'internals' of the sensor were better designed when compared to the original one.. and i haven't had any similar problem since
      Chris

Comment

Ah okay that sounds good cheers. I'll pass on to my mechanic as potential faults with boost pipe

Comment

Originally posted by Markmcdowell86 View Post
          Ah okay that sounds good cheers. I'll pass on to my mechanic as potential faults with boost pipe

Did you manage to get this sorted out ?
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
            Did you manage to get this sorted out ?
            Yes thanks, change the boost pipe out now all fine, £30 and about 60 mins of my time

Comment

Working...
            X