Time to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to go

After 8 years of ownership i have at last changed cars. My new[different] car is an Astra K Elite, automatic petrol Sport Tourer.

Got 9000miles on the clock and is 17 reg.

Very sad to see the Insignia go as it was a reliable and comfortable car. Never had any trouble with it. One of the most useful mods. i made
    was fitting an aftermarket Chinese GPS system. It was a fabulous piece of kit and the navigation was superb.

The Astra, however, has a Navi 900 fitted. The navigation is very primitive, compared to the insignias aftemarket system, and there is no means to install a different system.

I am seriously thinking of taking the Navi 900 ouy and fitting a new aftermarket system in its place. The touble is finding information abuot this as i don't think a Haynes manual has yet been released.

The main reason to get rid of the Isignia was the ever tightening emission laws, which start to hit London 8th of April and will over the coming years infringe deeper into the Capital. They are also scheduled to spread country wide in the future and all pre 2015 vehicles will be hit. Once they bring in the next level of emission limits even these cars will be hit.

Maybe in time i will get to love the Astra as much as my old Insignia.

Wow you done very well for 8 years ownership. Must off felt like eternity.
    Good luck on your new car. Feel free to stay around on here for the banter.

Comment

Great to hear of no problems. Not the usual!
      Good luck with the Astra.

Comment

Good luck with the Astra....Did you not fancy the Insignia B? Not everyone's cup of tea I know but a lovely car.

Yeah make sure you stick around...Once a member... Get some pics of the Astra posted!
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

its still a vauhall tho...... so youre more than welcome to keep posting

Comment

Working...
          X