No announcement yet.

Regen Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regenerations is best at rev range between 3k-5k not speed high rev range exhaust heats up.

Say 4th gear approx 4K revs for about 10miles will easy do a regen.

Comment

Originally posted by Damo69 View Post
      Regenerations is best at rev range between 3k-5k not speed high rev range exhaust heats up.

Say 4th gear approx 4K revs for about 10miles will easy do a regen.
      Ow dear, I do never get above 2500, should my DPF last at least 100.000 miles?

Comment

This thread has become mighty confusing for some people.

Admin maybe we should have a sticky with the regeneration facts that people can rely on. Everyone seems to have their own take on it .

At end of day some people do not notice a single regen over many years of happy motoring.

It's good to understand how something works, or why it doesn't, but we have to remember the car will flag up a message before there is a massive issue (far as I understand it does)...

So try not to worry yourself about something that may not be an issue, we have enough issues with cars without making more

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Point is, we known what’s not good for the DPF, but not how to make it last a long time. What mileage could we expect the DPF to last, what the best way to handle the regen? I think there is a lot of fuss about it. Just drive like a diesel is designed to do, long trips. But then again, I’m no expert. Maybe I’m wrong and will have massive issue in the future. For now, mines working fine.

Comment

Hoodoo I'm sticking my ore in .
            Being admin on a Saab forum we find 9/10 cats no owners have no problems at all and regeneration takes place with the only sign bring MPG drops and DTE ( distance to empty drops ) you may get a whiff and some extra smoke .
            But the main problems of failed regeneration or constant failed regeneration is either pressure sensor..Flexi exhaust pipes.egr clogging poor or badly programmed maps
            And with some the position of the dpf ( that's down to the car manufacturers) further back it is the hotter it has to get .
            There's no reason why the op can't just get in the car and perform a active regeneration next time he drives it and no halm done .all you have to do is keep an eye on oil level and smell of the oil .( Too high on dipstick and diesel smell then that's too many failed regenerations ) and could lead in worst case diesel runaway .
            Dpf can last up to 100.000 miles no problems.
            And longer .
            Also passive regens can happen at any rev range even idle I once had a fiat 500 diesel and coukd leave it at Idle and woukd perform a regen ,
            I think mist owners manual say if clog light appears keep driving , if you drive it like its stolen it's just speeding up the length of the regen , we only suggest doing that if the car is stuck in limp mode or limited performance but for tgat you require a quiet road and a straight road , I had a TTID stuck in that mode and it took 1 hour and many miles when it had finished the exhaust tips were red hot , and it went like stink .
            A good rule of thumb if stuck in limp mode / limited performance 1500-2500 ( normal driving rev range and just keep going and don't stop till it's finished!
            That's my take on it
            Last edited by lizzard-t; 30-03-2019, 08:11 AM. Reason: Added waffle

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Done a 220 mile round trip today mostly motorway. No light came on so I guess my driveway regen did the Buissnes!

Comment

Regen Information

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                Point is, we known what’s not good for the DPF, but not how to make it last a long time. What mileage could we expect the DPF to last, what the best way to handle the regen? I think there is a lot of fuss about it. Just drive like a diesel is designed to do, long trips. But then again, I’m no expert. Maybe I’m wrong and will have massive issue in the future. For now, mines working fine.
                My old Zafira had 150000 miles on it and still had the original dpf

Comment

Well on way home tonight light came on, went off 30 seconds later as normal, came on few hundreds yards from home, reversed onto drive left it on tick over, 1k revs, light stayed on, engine loudish, exhaust fumes stunk, video 3 min, it lasted a total of 6 minutes or so.

Lol wish my car would just do it like everyone else's
                  Last edited by MattG; 04-04-2019, 05:05 PM.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Comment

And yes it needs a clean inside badly. [emoji22]

Comment

Tyre pressures seem low Mr G

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                          Tyre pressures seem low Mr G
                          Light setting, seems to be OK, well 32 ish in fronts and 30ish in backs. Getting 44 ish mpg urban driving.

Besides. Anything over 32 in rear passenger I seem to lose 4/5 psi in a week, 30 and its OK for a month .

Think.its the trye beading leaking, but have to say that wheel sensor seems more sensitive to temp change.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                            Light setting, seems to be OK, well 32 ish in fronts and 30ish in backs. Getting 44 ish mpg urban driving.

Besides. Anything over 32 in rear passenger I seem to lose 4/5 psi in a week, 30 and its OK for a month .

Think.its the trye beading leaking, but have to say that wheel sensor seems more sensitive to temp change.
                            Don’t get me started on tyre sensors. I pump up my tyres to 39 front 42 rear at the garage yet the sensors always seem like they are at least 5psi to low. Think they need changing, well definitely the rear drivers side as that at speed always goes off and the light on the dash comes on. Yet when I switch the engine off or go slower the light goes out and its back to normal

Comment

Have done mine at work with a very accurate gauge, always reads in car. 2-3 psi less.
                              Tried the 12v compressor in the boot the other night, same with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X