Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Insignia Navi system easily updated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Insignia Navi system easily updated?

Hi, I’m getting close to buying a 2 or 3 year old pre-facelift Insignia Estate, but checking the many options first. My current stick-on Garmin Camper satnav works well if it’s updated a couple of times a year, but useless if it’s not.

Does anyone know if the optional Navi system also needs updating regularly, how it’s done and are there any fees?

Thanks very much.

Originally posted by dave48 View Post
    Hi, I’m getting close to buying a 2 or 3 year old pre-facelift Insignia Estate, but checking the many options first. My current stick-on Garmin Camper satnav works well if it’s updated a couple of times a year, but useless if it’s not.

Does anyone know if the optional Navi system also needs updating regularly, how it’s done and are there any fees?

Thanks very much.
    Surely if its only 2-3 year old it will be a face-lift?

If you get a car June 2016 onwards it will have minimum carplay and quite possibly Android Auto, that way use corresponding sat nav which will always be up to date.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Surely if its only 2-3 year old it will be a face-lift?

If you get a car June 2016 onwards it will have minimum carplay and quite possibly Android Auto, that way use corresponding sat nav which will always be up to date.
      Oops - meant facelift.

I use an apple phone and don’t have any android devices, so sorry to be thick, but does apple work with the Navi setup?

Comment

Originally posted by dave48 View Post
        Oops - meant facelift.

I use an apple phone and don’t have any android devices, so sorry to be thick, but does apple work with the Navi setup?
        Yes, it's called carplay. Use apple maps, waze and I believe Google maps now also. Sure some kind person will post pics for you, I have it but no I phone . Check before you buy that it has it.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I use my iPhone with CarPlay and then use Apple Maps as the Sat Nav, works really well. Also got Google Maps installed as a back up if required but not as keen on it. Lots of people use Waze mainly for the crowd sourced info i think but the CarPlay display for it is awful and i deleted it!! Will try and get some screenshots this evening that i can upload.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
            I use my iPhone with CarPlay and then use Apple Maps as the Sat Nav, works really well. Also got Google Maps installed as a back up if required but not as keen on it. Lots of people use Waze mainly for the crowd sourced info i think but the CarPlay display for it is awful and i deleted it!! Will try and get some screenshots this evening that i can upload.
            CarPlay sounds ideal! Am I right it’s part of the R700 and Navi900 Intellilink option with the larger screen & shark fin Ariel, but not the small screen DMB radio option, with the flexi Ariel?

Comment

I upgraded my hmi so I could get applecc and I love it !
              The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Working...
              X