Clear All

Waste gate solenoid is on the turbo ??

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
      Waste gate solenoid is on the turbo ??
      Surprisingly on the 2.0t it is.
      There is a thread earlier this week about it

Comment

Booked in at the main dealer next week. Remortgaging application at the ready!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimlock View Post
          Booked in at the main dealer next week. Remortgaging application at the ready!
          Good luck.

Comment

Well, I took her to the main dealer. They plugged it into their machine and told me It's the OTHER turbo solenoid that's goosed!?! That will be £500 to fix and will take a week. So I thought I'd buy one online and change it myself now I know what and where it is. found an OEM part for £150. Much better.

However....

Since picking the car up it hasn't faulted once! It's been 3 days now without issue! So I'm holding off buying the new solenoid just incase they inadvertently fixed it by plugging there machine in!

Comment

Fingers crossed it behaves itself!
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Touch wood some good news. Sometimes it happens like that with electronics and sensors in cars, maybe the new solenoid needed some time to settle with the ecu and is now working as it should after a few cycles. Well here's hoping anyway

Comment

Nope, it's gone again, and at the worst time possible. While I was mid spanking a chav in his Saxo. Thrashed him off the lights and turbo died at 40mph. Nightmare! New part on order. Hopefully be done and dusted by the weekend. Hope the Easter Bunny was generous to you fine fellows!

Comment

Nope, it's gone again, and at the worst time possible. While I was mid spanking a chav in his Saxo. Thrashed him off the lights and turbo died at 40mph. Nightmare! New part on order. Hopefully be done and dusted by the weekend. Hope the Easter Bunny was generous to you fine fellows!
                    Just typical.....

Hope you get it sorted

Comment

Well, solenoid arrived and fitted. Sadly what was an intermittent fault is now a constant fault. So changing the part has made it worse?? Is there something else i'm missing? Does the new solenoid need to be "paired" to the ECU before it works?

Comment

FIXED AT LAST!!!!! The wire that connects to the solenoid had a break in it!

Comment

FIXED AT LAST!!!!! The wire that connects to the solenoid had a break in it!
                          Nice one! Still behaving?

Comment

Good news,
                            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                              Nice one! Still behaving?
                              Perfect now thanks! Booked in for remap tomorrow to celebrate!

Comment

Happy days, that's going to be interesting 😉
                                Where you going?

Comment

Working...
                                X