P2458 Vauxhall insignia please check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2458 Vauxhall insignia please check

Hey guys update to my original post where I had p2458 code dpf on my Vauxhall insignia car had a new egr and force regen.
    Car still showed same code day later again forced regen again few days later same code. This was back street garage mind but I knew the guy so nobody dodgy.

Then I took car to some Other guy friend of a friend everything fine temp sensors ect
    Egr was not turning by itself but when forced with he’s diagnostic Took it would move. Car fine for few week again same code.

Decide take Vauxhall labour cost 🙀🙀🙀
    Egr all ok force regen stopped car over heating said will try again next day don’t worry had one like this before they said.

Next day regen successful but scorched Two my injectors so I said just replace all 4 as car was miss firing.
    Couldn’t prove how bad injectors where to start with so couldn’t pin point if Vauxhall were to blame. Anyway £1500 cost me all sorted yeh.

Next day driving car chirp sound service vehicle Soon I nearly cried car back in Vauxhall. Had in full day checked everything over and it turned out to be a tiny split in the dpf pipe,Vauxhall said they would sort this fee off charge think they just felt sorry for me.
    They did say it could of split when they did the regen and overloaded car.
    So I get back today so if no further update then all sorted.

But guys if you have a same code please check you dpf pipes then you don’t get a nice bill like I did before hand.
    Thought I would post this as think it could be useful for anyone as know the insignia prone to this fault with dpf.

UPDATE TO THIS!!!!

last thurs 18th April service vehicle soon light back on then p2458 code drove car into Vauxhall where o got a courtesy car well today they called me 25th April dpf needs replacing but we’re happy to replace free off charge will be ready Friday. Happy days considering no Warranty left on the car.

Comment

How old is the car?

Comment

2014 mate

Comment

But it done 70k probs been ex rep car for mileage issue

Comment

So Friday the 26th April new dpf fitted happy days, Monday 29th could here whooshing noise ohhhh nooooo.

Thought split turbo pipe noooo noooo Vauxhall hadn’t install the dpf correct and not in line air coming from top dpf soot everywhere I was fuming.

Done it myself in end late on that night error code p2458 dpf again I called Vauxhall first thing kicking off, explained to them it’s the new egr that was installed like I keep saying it’s faulty replace it.

New egr coming tomorrow 1st May I am doing it myself told Vauxhall don’t want nothing more with them.i have done bit deep cleaning this evening before new egr again tomorrow please see pics o was shocked before and after.

Comment

So few days in bow replacement egr installed by myself swapped over by Vauxhall though. They let me swap part over myself I said they weren’t touching car. It’s running like a dream now. Still slight issue dpf which bolt on bracket keeps coming loose. Going to install a locking nut on tomorrow

Comment

I'd have torched it by now .

Comment

That’s my next step

Comment

Working...
                  X