Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about what car I have been sold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about what car I have been sold.

Okay, guys first post and looking for advice thanks. I bought this car from Peter Vardy and the advert said the car was a 2015 Vauxhall Insignia diesel sports to: 1.6 cdti ecoflex Elite nav 5dr. The car does have a Elite badge and seems to come with most of what I was expecting like leather seats and the interlink 900 Nav system, even though I it doesn't have a Android phone connection on it. The problem I have is the advert said it was stop/start but it but the car dosen't do it and there is no button on the dash for it. I suppose I'm looking for a bit of advice as to weather the car should have it or not and if not is it false advertising. Actual link to adver below.

Looking to buy a used Vauxhall Insignia? See our second-hand Vauxhall Insignia cars Peter Vardy. Finance available & price promise guaranteed.

android / apple car play only came out on a 2016..

The stop/start is not a button on the dash, but actually an 'eco' button near the top right i think it is, which cancels the stop/start function.. I think your thinking about an engine stop/start button like the keyless entry versions.

edit: I see the projection icon on one of the pictures so it should have it, look under vehicle settings or such and should be listed there as Android play, or Apple Play and make sure its enabled
    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Some only had apple play??

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
      The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
        android / apple car play only came out on a 2016..

The stop/start is not a button on the dash, but actually an 'eco' button near the top right i think it is, which cancels the stop/start function.. I think your thinking about an engine stop/start button like the keyless entry versions.

edit: I see the projection icon on one of the pictures so it should have it, look under vehicle settings or such and should be listed there as Android play, or Apple Play and make sure its enabled
        Sorry, yes the post is a little confusing. It should be the stop-start function isn't working, as in when I stop at lights the engine doesn't cut out like i presume it should? Also the apple play works but it can't find one android phone as it says they are not compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
          Some only had apple play??

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
          It looks like mines only has apple play, but surely there must be an update for Android?

Comment

Originally posted by GlasgowBhoy View Post
            It looks like mines only has apple play, but surely there must be an update for Android?
            Thinks it’s dealer only 120£ or something like that

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Thinks it’s dealer only 120£ or something like that

Think I'll push the Vauxhall dealer I bought it from for a free fix as the car should have been up to date when I got it, although I bet I've no chance .

Comment

It has AFL which is always good. Stop/start is hit and miss. Battery needs to be in good condition which ample charge.

Try going for a long run. To activate start/stop, put it in neutral foot off the clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                  It has AFL which is always good. Stop/start is hit and miss. Battery needs to be in good condition which ample charge.

Try going for a long run. To activate start/stop, put it in neutral foot off the clutch.
                  It's had a good 100 mile run today and still nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by GlasgowBhoy View Post
                    It's had a good 100 mile run today and still nothing?
                    Takes a bit to get going. It’s crap anyway I never use mine.

Another thought have you looked in the stereo settings as you can turn Apple
                    Play on and off so maybe Android is hiding

Comment

Takes a bit to get going. It’s crap anyway I never use mine.

Another thought have you looked in the stereo settings as you can turn Apple
                      Play on and off so maybe Android is hiding

I'll have a look thanks.

Comment

Stop/start also take into account other stuff, like outside temperature, air conditioning settings, other loads on the battery. Plus, if the car has been sat for a while and just pulled around a forecourt, the battery will need a fair few long runs to reach its full charge. If you flag that at the moment it isn't working, if it doesn't kick in at some point soon you'll be able to follow it up.

Comment

your car has it, as said, eco button top right of centre. it's always default to on when you start, you need to press the button to turn it off. Not the best system on the facelift, seems to work as and when, and not hugely often.

Comment

It worked 2 or 3 times when i first got the car, then nothing. When i put her in for a service i asked them to look at it. They said there was an update as there was a lot of folks complaining about it not working and they wanted somthing like 80ish quid to buy the update for my car from vauxhall and install it. I couldn't afford to get it at the time, it's a option i never got used to so i dont miss it.

phill.

Comment

Working...
                            X