No announcement yet.

oil pressure low message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the car back tonight and she is running well. The oil pump had broken and damaged the timing chain. They replaced the timing chain, tensioner etc. oil filter, cleaned out sump etc. new oil and coolant, gaskets and sealing compound. they said they didn't replace the oil pump body as it was ok, they used a repair kit to fix the oil pump. All OEM parts used, when they phoned me for the ok get the parts to repair the engine they asked me if i wanted it fixed with OEM or pattern parts. I wouldn't have thought a main dealer would offer patern parts to customers.

phill.

Comment

Originally posted by phill View Post
      I got the car back tonight and she is running well. The oil pump had broken and damaged the timing chain. They replaced the timing chain, tensioner etc. oil filter, cleaned out sump etc. new oil and coolant, gaskets and sealing compound. they said they didn't replace the oil pump body as it was ok, they used a repair kit to fix the oil pump. All OEM parts used, when they phoned me for the ok get the parts to repair the engine they asked me if i wanted it fixed with OEM or pattern parts. I wouldn't have thought a main dealer would offer patern parts to customers.

phill.
      result,,,hope you get many thousands of trouble free miles from now on
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        result,,,hope you get many thousands of trouble free miles from now on
        I could only dream of many thousands of miles before my next issue appears!

Comment

Well thats me been driving the car for over a week now and i'm verry happy with the way she is driving now. This may all be in my head but i'm thinking that there was an issue with the oil pump from before i bought the car. I always used to hear this low pitched noise that i put down to the type of engine it was and it never lost any oil or gave me any problems till last fri. Now the noise is gone and the car accelerates quicker. I hope this link works to the report they sent me.

Comment

Originally posted by phill View Post
            Well thats me been driving the car for over a week now and i'm verry happy with the way she is driving now. This may all be in my head but i'm thinking that there was an issue with the oil pump from before i bought the car. I always used to hear this low pitched noise that i put down to the type of engine it was and it never lost any oil or gave me any problems till last fri. Now the noise is gone and the car accelerates quicker. I hope this link works to the report they sent me.
            https://www.arnoldclarkcustomerservi...aaeff&rnd=3064
            How would you describe the noise? I’m getting an intermittent ringing noise from the engine bay when travelling at speed. It’s getting louder too.

Comment

Hello Mcbane14 is yours a 1.4T ?
              I would suggest starting a new thread , giving as much info as possible .
              I.e. Engine type ( i.e. Petrol or diesel . Power output , manual or auto , year of car , mileage , symptoms, and what you have done so far , also service history ) that way you will get a better response )

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Ah, I’ve got the 2.0CDTI model.

I’ll start a new post and see where it goes. I’ll get a recording prior to post.

Thanks,

Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
                  How would you describe the noise? I’m getting an intermittent ringing noise from the engine bay when travelling at speed. It’s getting louder too.
                  Hi pal, I'm not sure how to describe the noise i was getting but it was only at start up till the engine was up to temp and it wasn't a ringing noise. Sorry i can't be more helpful.

phill.

Comment

Working...
                  X