oil pressure low message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure low message

Hi all I'm new to the forum and need some help with with an issue that started tonight with my 2013 insignia design 1400cc with 29 thousand miles.
    On my way home from work tonight just as i was turning in to my driveway an alarm and message came up on the dash saying, oil pressure low turn vehicle off and a loud screeching noise witch sounds like its comming from the top of the engine. aux belt side. the car was running good with no warning signs before this.
    Has anyone had this and be able to let me know what needs fixed/replaced. I hope my engine isn't scrap.
    Thanks

phill.

Probably oil pick up pump seal needs to be replaced. Common issue, I advice not to use the car until you sort it out (the fault).
    Google about it.

Comment

Hello Phil,
      This is a common issue on the preface diesels, but have never heard it happen on the 1.4T or any of the petrol. Best thing is not to drive it. Turn on the ignition, if it states the message on startup call RAC to have a look or tow to your garage to look at.

Comment

I haven't noticed that it's 1400cc sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
          I haven't noticed that it's 1400cc sorry.
          Doesn't mean a similar thing couldn't happen with the petrols.

About 80% of Insignias are 2.0CDTi so we're bound to hear most problems with that engine. The 1.4T probably makes up about 5% of all Insignias so even if there was a seal problem it would be far less well-known.

Personally, I wonder if it might be a problem with the turbo causing loss of oil. The reported 'loud screeching noise' could be the turbo bearings and/or the turbo self-destructing.

I wouldn't drive the car without serious investigation.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and replies guys, I'm not gonna start the car till i get her in to get looked at on fri hopefully. Going by what i have been reading about this oil issue its gonna be an expensive fix. I will keep updating this post on whats wrong with the car. I hope the turbo is still ok as i never thought of that.

Comment

Another thing is that did you checked the oil level at all?
              I don't know that engine but there should be a dip stick in there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                Personally, I wonder if it might be a problem with the turbo causing loss of oil. The reported 'loud screeching noise' could be the turbo bearings and/or the turbo self-destructing.

I wouldn't drive the car without serious investigation.
                Now that is technical thinking

Comment

Another thing is that did you checked the oil level at all?
                  I don't know that engine but there should be a dip stick in there as well.
                  It was the first thing i checked , i usually do all repairs to my car but this issue is well above my skill level. The oil level was always on the max line but now it seems to be about 2-3mil over the max line

Comment

Hmm it could be the same/similar issue as on 2.0 than or as mentioned above. Post here the fault codes if you can, they might help.

Comment

Hmm it could be the same/similar issue as on 2.0 than or as mentioned above. Post here the fault codes if you can, they might help.
                      I dont have the codes but the guy from the towing company who picked the car up today put his code reader on the car and there was 2 codes, bank 1 & 2 cam sensors (at least i think he said cam sensors).

phill.

Comment

Quick update, Car went in to Arnold Clark Vauxhall, The only Vauxhall dealer who could take the car in right away as the othere were 2-3 weeks before they could look at it. The first call was to give them the ok to start stripping the engine after removing the rocker cover to check the sensors. The call tonight said the oil pump was fooked, they are replacing the oil pump, timing chain, valve guides and other bits. I will look at the list of things done when i get the bill.

Now for the bad news, it's gonna cost 1,336.
                        I have told them to put all the old parts in a box in the boot of the car so i can have a look for my self and see how bad the parts were.

Comment

Post some pictures as well.

Probably you would get another second hand low milage engine for this price.

Comment

It's a hard pill to swallow but i would rather pay the money to fix the engine i have bud.

Comment

It's a hard pill to swallow but I would rather pay that money to fix the engine i have bud.

Comment

Working...
                              X