No announcement yet.

Coolant always low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have/had the same issue. Garage couldn’t find the fault so I put radweld into the coolant and it’s not lost a drop since.

Not the best fix I’ll admit but it’s been fine now for over 12 months.

Comment

I would prefer K Seal

Comment

Me personally wouldn’t have used either I’d have tried to find the leak.
        Last time I had a leak I couldn’t trace I used uv dye and a black light wasn’t long in finding where it was weeping from.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
          Me personally wouldn’t have used either I’d have tried to find the leak.
          Last time I had a leak I couldn’t trace I used uv dye and a black light wasn’t long in finding where it was weeping from.
          Yep thats what i would do and then if no sign of leak would presume internal leak.

Comment

Had a head gasket go on my Omega, there was no mayo and the only real indication was an over pressurised coolant system, (apart from loosing water) signs of coolant blowing from the expansion tank.
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
              Yep thats what i would do and then if no sign of leak would presume internal leak.
              I wouldn’t have either but this car is becoming a money pit so I’m just plastering over the cracks until it officially dies.

Comment

I just installed a new coolant reservoir incl sensor because of serious problems, the coolant liquid was at boiling point, spitting it out trough the back.

now i have the message you mentioned, only when I drive fast

Comment

Working...
                X