Loud buzzing after rain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud buzzing after rain...

I’m hearing a pretty loud buzzing sound from my rear left light area after today’s rain... any ideas? Can’t seem to locate it. Had previously had substantial water ingress into the boot where the spare tyre lived... pretty stuck for ideas on either the sound or the water ingress!

Sports Tourer?
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

2009 Saloon, apologies, should have mentioned

Comment

I'd check behind the panel in the boot on that side for any water ingress.Rear light connection plug?
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Also check inside the rear light cluster for water build up
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Had a look, appears to be the aftermarket tow bar 7 connection adapter that’s got wet and is now buzzing loudly.

I’ve never used the tow bar, let alone the tow bar lights... what’s easiest, replacing the relay (£20 + time, if it’s just plug and play?) or removing the electrics for the towbar, somehow? Would prefer to just unplug it and leave the wires there if possible and if that stops the buzzing!

Comment

You could just remove the +12v supply for the smart relay there should be an inline fuse you could just pull the fuse. But I'd want to get the water leak fixed.

Comment

Yeah I do too, I thought I’d found it (bit of rubber seal tucked under the plastic, not over it) but haven’t.

Any ideas on where it may be leaking from?
                Any idea which fuse to pull for the towbar electrics?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ANorthwich View Post
                  Yeah I do too, I thought I’d found it (bit of rubber seal tucked under the plastic, not over it) but haven’t.

Any ideas on where it may be leaking from?
                  Any idea which fuse to pull for the towbar electrics?

Thank you!
                  Not sure about where the leak could be from but my old vectra was leaking from the seal around the aerial and running down to the rear quarter the side and the roof didn't show any signs of water as it went down the car metal body.

On the smart bypass relay you should have a +12v that should be wired to your car battery with an inline fuse. I fitted mine and my wiring and fuse is behind the rear passanger side cover just depends on who fitted it they might have taken the 12v from the fuse box in the rear passanger side but it should have its own 12v with a fuse from the battery. Follow the 12v wire from the relay you should find the fuse or where it is connected you could always disconnect it and insulate the end.

Comment

Ahhhhh the Ariel!!!! I haven’t looked there, I’ve got one of those short aerials that I imagine could easily be leaking under the plastic as you describe, that would explain why my passenger floor is a bit damp too.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X